Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RIBBON GOES TO THE BEST PIC OF MUDDY BLAZER

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87Blazerlady, Oct 2, 2002.

1. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

I've been told that there aren't many pics of muddy Blazers around here. Let's see them. and then vote on best pic.
    Sound like a good idea? I'm all ears /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Shoot I lost mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I had a newly painted black blazer and was covered in mud inside and out and I am talking engine bay seats inside of the windshield ...
    I will try and find the pic.
    IceMan

3. 87Blazerlady

OOPS!!!! MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE MADE THAT A SUGGESTION, INSTEAD. SORRY. STEVE----WHAT DO YOU THINK?

4. 87Blazerlady

Please do try to find it. Would like to see. Hope this is ok. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I am not after the ribbon, I just like to share my fun and this was awsome. it was completely tan color after that trip.
    It took me a week to get myself to start cleaning it, and 3 days to do the job.
    IceMan

7. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Nevermind didn't work

8. 87Blazerlady

Go for the ribbon ImIceman--it would be fun--and I do like to look at pics too---my experience is in what all of you enjoy.
    Would like to hear the story that goes along with the pic.
    That would be fun too!! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

9. 87Blazerlady

I tried to look at one of these movies. I picked Brnbog1.zip. I didn't get anything. I must have done something wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. 87Blazerlady

Did it take you a week because you liked looking at it or you didn't want to tackle the job? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. 87Blazerlady

PetaKane---PetaKane------WHAT DIDN'T WORK? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. 87Blazerlady

PetaKane---I saw pic of your truck BUT where's the mud---
    I want down and DIRTY. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Since I'm a truck man, check out my muddy pics of my old Brown Turd K30. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brown Turd, the muddy POS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. 87Blazerlady

The first contestant just stood up----NOW THAT (IN MY MINDS EYE--haven't seen too much of this) IS GOING TO BE HARD TO BEAT---WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE OF THAT BIG BAD GUY TO GO ALONG WITH THIS TRUCK. Tell me the story---where, when, was it competition or just plain fun?
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Come on people---SOME MORE DOWN AND DIRTY!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

That, was just plain fun! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If you go to my webshots.com page, you will see the pics of "my buddy's Ford" and see his '77 with the 46" Firestone tires.

We were bored one day and decided to throw his tires onto my K30, just for kicks.

When we got done, we decided to go to the local sand pit which had a few mud holes, too.

We did the normal driving around the pit, going up and down the hills, etc. and came across the mud pits. Just went down into them in 4-Lo and 2nd gear and kept the gas at a steady throttle. Steady throttle enough to spin the tires and throw the mud in the air.

Talk about having fun!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Couldn't see out of the glass at all as I had to drive back to town with my head out the window. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Note: do NOT run this tire size with a vehicle with only 6" of total lift. The Bushwacker cut-out flares on the front were shredded from the turning of the corners, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

16. 87Blazerlady

PetaKane----checked my e-mail and went to the link that was listed and saw your picture---would like to save the picture but don't know how---can you tell me how?

by the way---how the heck did that little jeep get your BIG truck out of the mud.

GREAT PIC --- Now can I hear your story? How did it all happen? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

17. 87Blazerlady

Thanks for that great story. Wish I could have seen it. I bet if you had your dog along with you, he wouldn't have cared about having to hang his head out the window. I bet you got all kinds of responses as you drove through town.

I have only one experience to share.
    here goes: gully washer rains----me and my backyard mechanic went to work and had to go through 1 1/2 - 2 feet of water and we got through it but truck stalled. Boy was he frantic----He got it started but had to change engine within the year--water prolly had nothing to do with it.

That was still exciting, so I can't imagine what it would be like to do some of the things you guys do.

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

18. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

This one was taken after a local mud bog a few yrs ago. Its a different kind of mud... more of a slew bog, but still pretty dirty.
    Mike
    [​IMG]

19. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Heres another... I got it covered the night before a car show and shine to advertise our club. I tell ya... it got way more attention then quite a few of the shiny cars!
    Mike
    [​IMG]

20. 87Blazerlady

THUMPER--aren't you afraid of burying your truck in the bogs? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif How deep do bogs get anyway? You guys prolly go so fast that the tires stay right on top of it. But wouldn't those husky tires dig right in? Got to get a picture in my mind of these things don't ya know.

Great pics of DOWN AND DIRTY. Do you ever take Klondike with you. He's so cute.

What is your coolest story to tell? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif