Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ricer tv shows are hilarious...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jun 14, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just watched Redline TV... haha. First they said at one point(after puting a catback, hot air intake, and nitrous on a LS Cobalt) that they now had enough torque to pull down redwoods... all 260 some ft-lbs...

Then they showed some SEMA event with NOPI where they gave two teams them two 04 EVOs with a ton of aftermarket stuff to see what the teams could do with them. One of the guys on one of the teams was complaining about removing the transmission "you need so many speciality tools just to work on this thing".... Ok I've assisted in removing more than one EVO transmission... it takes a large screwdriver, a pry bar, a 17mm socket, a either 27 or 32mm socket(forget off hand), a 10mm, a 12mm, a 14mm and some wrenches of the same size as well as air tools and ratchets to drive the sockets... Umm thats it....

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

stoopid asses, my step son told me there were two kinds of people in the world, the kind that catch on to how to work on cars and the kind that catch all the sports...I told him he needed to go catch the bus...

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Yeah, but you have to admit, they have something going on with those nopi chicks....

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

negatory on that one. if they had half a brain, they'd be hittin up the tried and true V8 crowd. i dunno, i like my women smarter than my mashed potatoes.

5. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

I love how most of those shows make things look so easy,bet it gets alot of young guys in trouble.

6. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

what you mean i cant swap out a tranny in 30 minutes?:doah: :haha: