Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ricer's cause havoc in my little village!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Sep 2, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Ricer\'s cause havoc in my little village!

The local Village Trustee's here in my humble village have decided they have had enough with the ricer coffee can mufflers.

At first they were going with a noise ordinance, then the cheif o police said too much $$ need decible meters etc... to hard to make a case, since outside noise plays etc....

So they (chief o police) decides "modified exhaust system"...that's a way to get them......

I'm sitting last week in a Department Head meeting, with all the other DH's....and I'm listening to this.....$100.00 first offense, increasing by $200.00 4th offense, can seize vehicle etc....being that this is a village ordinance, one the Trustee's vote to go with it, it's "village law"....so I'm biting my tongue, waiting for someone else to say something....nobody does so I open the ol mouth..

"you mean to tell me, I have a Custom Bent, dual exhaust on my truck, which is not much louder than a stock exhaust, (yeah sure)....and it's now going to be ILLEGAL?????"

Exactly how are you going to enforce this...looking at my truck, none of your officers would know if it was original or not...(trust me, they would NOT know this truck came with a single).....his reply....................

"as long as your not doing something to draw attention to yourself, your fine"....

The Highway DH says " you ever seen her truck? All she has to do is drive it and you notice it".....

Fire Chief says " Hmmmm...my Harley has a custom exhaust, and it's still not as loud as some of them factory"...

So I say to the Chief o Police......" all I can say is, good luck, I for one will fight this in court........."

That was Thursday- still waiting to be called in by the TM for being vocal......

Brandy

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Ricer\'s cause havoc in my little village!

[ QUOTE ]
    That was Thursday- still waiting to be called in by the TM for being vocal......

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Don't those Yankees appreciate freedom of speech? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

As for the ricers, just load them up and drop 'em off in Hawthorne, NV. It'll be no time 'til the Civic Action Committee get the cops on them. Ya should see them on a rolling stop /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

where do you live? appreciate freedom of speech? speaking out makes you a target, if you don't agree with the rules that is. You could find that if you use other than factory muffler and cat but it was quiet as factory your still illegal. If you get ticketed take it to some court there is no way they will get away with it unless the court is in bed with your town. I like how no matter what town you go to you see Harley's that are louder than most of the rest of the vehicles around but when was the last time you saw a Harley pulled oveR?

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    when was the last time you saw a Harley pulled oveR?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have been cracking down in Vancouver. Decibel meters and all...should be like shooting fish in a barrel./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I don't mind loud, but cardiac loud is a bit much.

Rene

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    As for the ricers, just load them up and drop 'em off in Hawthorne, NV. It'll be no time 'til the Civic Action Committee get the cops on them. Ya should see them on a rolling stop

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif But Seriously NO!!! That is one thing I really like about northern NV. Not many ricers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The cops are terrible though we have 5 diff branches here. Troopers, City, County, Reservation, and MP's. And they really do like to give tickets /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The state sets the requirements for vehicle code.
    If you are going to write a ticket for someone with a fart-can, what VC section do you site them for?

In CA this was a big problem for along time. Originally it said you could not modify the exhaust period. Then things started to change. Then the police started writing tickets for exhaust being too loud. I beat three of these because there was no way to measure it. I have since gotten older and installed quiter mufflers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Now CA has invoked a 95dB level (Motorcycles Exempt!) and is installing meters in the Smog Referee stations so if you get pulled over, you have to take it in to get it tested and see if it passes.

I would check the Vehicle Code for the state and see what it says since You need to site the section that is being violated and be able to take that to court. If not...lawsuit time.

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

It's not that they don't "appreciate" it...what they don't appreciate is one Department Head questioning or what not to another in a big meeting......No word today regarding my opinion....however I've been telling people about this proposed ordinance all weekend! I can almost guarantee the meeting where they adopt it will be WELL attended!

I was thinking "modified" exhaust could mean ANY replacement exhaust, be it just a muffler or what not....

All I know is I might have to drive the truck more often now, just to be a jerk /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hmmmmm 2am rumble by the Chief's house, geez- you know something now that I think of it, my brother in laws Cummins- is louder than my truck.....geez- this pisses me off more and more.....

Brandy

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    like how no matter what town you go to you see Harley's that are louder than most of the rest of the vehicles around but when was the last time you saw a Harley pulled oveR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah where I live there are a lot of things on the road that are louder then coffee can mufflers. Some of the bikes are so so loud and then there are stereos and the hot rods. There is no way the city or cities would lift a finger to stop muffler noise in the ricers. I wish they would though. Just because of the sheer annoyance of the drivers and cars in general. lol

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    where do you live? appreciate freedom of speech? speaking out makes you a target, if you don't agree with the rules that is. You could find that if you use other than factory muffler and cat but it was quiet as factory your still illegal. If you get ticketed take it to some court there is no way they will get away with it unless the court is in bed with your town. I like how no matter what town you go to you see Harley's that are louder than most of the rest of the vehicles around but when was the last time you saw a Harley pulled oveR?

[/ QUOTE ] I live 20 miles from Sturgis. I see Harleys pulled over alot every summer.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    where do you live? appreciate freedom of speech? speaking out makes you a target, if you don't agree with the rules that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

The United States of fawking Freedom Loving America where it's written into some document you should really read called the U.S. Constitution. I'm sure the people who fought and died against the British would laugh over the "it makes you a target" line.

Standing up for what you believe in is what this country was founded on and those who don't appreciate those ideals of our founding fathers should really take the slow boat to China and OD on some sea spray.........

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I said fight it and I most certainly would but you can't say the government is always fair and someitmes cops don't target certain and groups and such. I know in my town they target the ricers simply cause they don't like them. They like my group of friends. We are nice to them and call the cops when kids are doing flat out stupid things in public. I mean like ripping around on a banshee in a grocery store parking lot and not bothering to check the gas so you run out. We've been kicked out of the place we hang out at way too much its the only way they let us stay. We aren't going there anymore though so /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif