Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ricer's HA HA

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ratzila, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

They should have let CK5 members crush them

Ontario crushes `hot wheels'
    Government promotes stunt to deter `motorheads' from racing
    Jun. 15, 2006. 05:11 PM
    CANADIAN PRESS

MARKHAM — The Ontario government crushed two tricked-out Hondas into a heap of scrap metal Thursday as part of an effort by Attorney General Michael Bryant to discourage ``motorheads" from racing on public streets.
    The spectacle, performed in front of a horde of television cameras in this sprawling suburb just north of Toronto, came on the same day the federal government introduced new legislation to criminalize the increasingly popular activity.
    "We are taking away these hot wheels from the people who use them forever," Bryant said as he presided over the theatrics, which featured a massive front-end loader crushing the cars on the driveway of a Markham paving company.
    And Thursday's exhibition was just the start, Bryant said.
    "We're not just going to take your keys away for a few weeks," he said. "We are going to take your precious vehicles from you."
    Used in races in 2003 and 2004, the province took possession of the cars under the Civil Remedies Act, a law passed last December which allows police to seize property used in illegal activities.
    The pair are the first street racing cars to be destroyed under that law, but Bryant said he expects more will meet the same fate.
    The modified vehicles had been gutted — including the removal of the back seats and interior panels — to make them run faster.
    One, a 1995 blue Honda Civic, was taken after an officer caught a 23-year-old man racing at a over 180 km/hr on a Markham street. The vehicle, outfitted with a TV screen and video game console on the dashboard, was registered to the racer's mother.
    Street racing has killed 34 people in the Greater Toronto Area since 1999, including a couple who stumbled upon a race on Toronto's central Yonge St. when returning from their 17th wedding anniversary celebration.
    Police said officers are reporting a rise in the number of races. Scarier still, the practice has moved from little-used back roads onto busy highways, said Sgt. David Mitchell, an internationally recognized leader in drag racing policing.
    "Society has become more 24-hour-oriented," Mitchell said. ``There's always someone out on that roadway."[​IMG]

2. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

They shoulda just parted them out, made a little on the deal.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would have bought a ticket to run a couple over.:haha:

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

My thoughts exactly. I understand the symbolism and all but money is money.

5. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

guy I go to school with just paid 8K for an EVO engine,it's pretty sweet but 8K fock, he coulda got a nice little smalll block for that!

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Would that be the world's largest rice cake?

:haha:

7. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

There is probably gonna be a lot more of those after the new fast & the furious movie comes out:haha:

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

fock a 350 ppssshhhhh!!! you could get a 5.9L cummins for that!!!

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats a funny pic BUT they let a few pin heads wreck it for every one else.if you got caught doing something funny in your truck would you want it crushed?people will always do dumb stuff in a car or not. thats what jail is for.people race in detroit for big money all the time,its usualy at 3 A.M.i have street raced in the past.BUT i never and i mean NEVER speed down streets where there is kids or houses.

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

awesome