Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ricers try to take on a Vette

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Funny vid. the vette sounds awesome, but there is some cussing so make sure the little ones are not around if thats an issue /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

VETTE

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    dam ricers think they can beat anything

ive heard the Z06 on the road, let me just say i want one, BAD /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

"We have all wheel drive"

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

The vette guy should've said "I have a sticker".

Ya gotta kinda feel bad for the kid... I se that quick camera pan that shows some after market guages on the pillar...A stock production vehicle smoked his modified (at least in looks) vehicle.

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ya gotta kinda feel bad for the kid... I se that quick camera pan that shows some after market guages on the pillar...A stock production vehicle smoked his modified (at least in looks) vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he didn't quite run into a stock vette. the title on the vid says its a Lingenfelter vette. Lingenfelter makes big time power goodies

Lingenfelter

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Anybody seen the videos of the blue short bed 03' silverado with a turbocharged 6.0? I dont know where to find them again...

6. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Here you go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

well the rice car was a DSM(eclipse, talon, lazer), DSM stands for Diamond Star Motors....for a couple grand you can get them into the 11 second bracket.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif...so that on isn't a very fast one, ive got some friends back home that have got some preaty fsat ones(in the mid 12's high 11's)...just figured ide add that in there

8. FatBoyBlazer

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifon the video of the silverado, in like 2 weeks i'm gonna have that same truck...minus the turbo and 6.0...my bro lost his licence so i get it for how ever long /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am thinking that Vette was on nitrous because of the short bursts of speed, and then he was off the throttle. That is what people, on nitrous, will do when they want to save their engine from quickly wearing out or blowing up.

10. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ill race them any day but "I" pick the track /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I am thinking that Vette was on nitrous because of the short bursts of speed, and then he was off the throttle. That is what people, on nitrous, will do when they want to save their engine from quickly wearing out or blowing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The difference between a 3400lb eleven second car and a 3800lb 17 second car. The C5 didn't have a reason to try.

Somebody needs to school you on nitrous.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, he didn't quite run into a stock vette.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ahhhhh.

13. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I was guessing "ass bite". You do not know jack sh!t ether, so don't pretend like you do.

14. FatBoyBlazer

comeon laddies.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif....i bet the DSM can do cooler doughnuts /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I was guessing "ass bite". You do not know jack sh!t ether, so don't pretend like you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny part about that sentence is your initial reply (which I received in email) had the correct spelling of "either".

You can't deride someone and not spell correctly. It makes you look unedjimicated. Perhaps you're too scared to use your brain? Maybe you think it's like nitrous and if you use it too much you'll wear it out or blow it up?

Wet small single stage EFI nitrous kits are almost seamless in operation. It's difficult to tell that someone has it. It's not like a carbureted vehicle.

16. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

yeah if I remember correctly the Lingenfelters are twin turbos, with 650+ Horsepower, and when car and driver tested them, they ran them up to 225 MPH

I love it when they are just cruizin along then the Vette takes off...holy sh*t....lol

17. 1-ton

Why do people like, you and Timmay, need to be such "know it all d!cks"? How many nitrous systems have you owned. My guess is none. And for your information "either" was incorrect and "ether" is correct. Now go and play with your best friend Timmy "ass hat".

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ether? That's what we embalm the dead in!

19. FatBoyBlazer

20. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.