Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ride Programs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gauder, Dec 18, 2005.

1. gauder

gauder Banned

Anyone been through any yet? I was last night on my way home from work. I live on a corner and they set it up right beside my house. Come up to the stop sign and there is about 10 cops standing at the intersection performing the ride program. One asks me if I've been drinking and 2 others are looking in my truck with their flashlights until they see my hospital badge hanging on the mirror. They let me through and I pull into my driveway. Get out of my truck and walk up to the door and they are all laughing because they stopped me right outside of my door. lol

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I once got pulled over inside our townhouse complex...our unit is about the middle of the place and the officer followed me in and hit the lights maybe 50 feet from my driveway. It was 2 am and I was just getting home from work...

He asked what I was doing in the complex and I pointed to our place and told him I was about to pull into my driveway after working the last 10 hours. He looked over and saw my lunchbox on the passenger seat...then apologized. :haha:

So what exactly is this "Ride program"?

rene

3. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ya ive never heard of a "ride program" befoe, sounds like a sobriety checkpoint.

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Gauder, when you mentioned "Ride Programs" what came to my mind was shows like "Chop, Cut, Rebuild", "Rides", "Driveshaft", "Monster Garage", etc.

Yeah, sounds like nothing more than a 'Drinkin' an Drivin' trap' to me.

5. gauder

gauder Banned

Basically just a checkpoint they set-up to catch people for drinking and driving. They really step them up during the holidays.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We have those here, haven't been through one in a long time though...

Rene

7. gauder

gauder Banned

I don't know why they call them a Ride program though. Maybe because if they nab you, you get a ride to the station?

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Luckily I've been able to be nowhere around them or see them when I'm goin the opposite way. So when I'm comin back that way I can hit surface streets to get around the hassle of waitin in line.

I thought it was rather dirty pool on the part of a couple of local TV stations but they used to publicize where the checkpoints were gonna be that night.

Probably why I haven't seen or heard of a stop in years.

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Ehh, i was thinking about Ride ALONG program... sorry... never did what youthink of.. the check point thing anyway....

did two in Yuma AZ with the PD, did one in San Bernadino with the county mounty and did one in a helo for LAPD. fun times. thinking about doing one with Oceanside PD here before i go to Iraq again.
    Grant

10. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

We had one over the weekend here in Montclair. I happened to be working that night and it was my job to impound whatever cars they got. Ended up taking in four DUI's during that roadblock.

11. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Yep, they do them here, but if you're not running with the numbnut crowd you usually don't have to worry. They are usually at the youngster nightclub areas, and at Country Jam and Rock Jam, so nowhere I am.

12. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

RIDE Program= reduce impaired driving everywhere
    Random check points to check drivers over the holidays
    There are allways a few that get busted .....:haha:
    Then they are screwed lol

13. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

We call em roadblocks around here. Locals usually get advance warning of when and where they're gonna be. Gotta love a small town PD.

14. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't have much of a problem with the programs looking for impaired drivers, although I sort of feel like my rights are being infringed upon. I know I don't want a drunk driver on the road with my family so I accept that. The last roadside safety check we had here was set up around 3 PM on a weekday afternoon! When they published the results in the paper most of the tickets were for registration violations. There were no DUI's. I think if I'm going to be subjected to going through a checkpoint it ought to be at a time that there is a high likelyhood of catching someone that is impaired.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They used to do them north of here (may still). They would put up a sign on the highway that said something to the effect of "be prepared to stop" and then there was an exit off of the highway. Of course there were a bunch of cops righ off of the exit to catch the dumbasses who got off. Even is you didn't get off there was a checkpoint, but if you did get off you were guaranteed a shakedown.:doah: