Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ride quality with a 4 inch lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sodfarmer, Oct 23, 2005.

1. sodfarmer

sodfarmer Registered Member

I am planning on lifting my 6.2 88 3/4 ton burban 4 inches using Tuff Country front springs and a zero rate in front. in the rear I plan on a shackle flip and a zero rate. I plan on running 38 tsl's. My question is how much will the ride quality diminish? In the rear I would think it would be nearly the same, but how about the front? I just spent the last week deer hunting in it and it is way smooth and i don't really want to change ride quality alot, but I still would for the 38's.

thanks, breton

2. Tenpack

Tenpack Registered Member

tuff country springs are probley they nicest riding springs around. Compared to rough country and super lift, they are pillows. The rear shouldnt change at all.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you will mostlikly wounder why you didnt do this before. the rear flip rides nice and as stated the tc springs are about the best. bds is the top in springs but cind of pricey. you do know 4" plus 1" zeros will need some fender work to run the 38" tires.

4. sodfarmer

Yes I expect to trim whatever is necessary. I've even considered doing 38's with no lift and really butchering it, but I really want it to look right and ride right, so 5 inches it must be!!

5. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

I had the factory heavy duty front suspension package on my blazer with 1-ton front springs. I put a TC 4" lift with springs all around, and oh man that blazer rides sooooooo much nicer. One of my buddies got in it and couldn't believe how nice it rode, and now he is sold on TC. Just my 2 cents

6. Mudgod

Mudgod Registered Member

Have you thought about adding rear 52" springs up front? It will move your axle forward 2" and give you the lift you are looking for. The ride will be like stock also if you use the stock hangers and holes in the back.

7. sodfarmer

Would the 52's be off a 1/2 ton? Would it be necessary to relocate the shackle mount? So you use the whole rear spring pack? Sorry for all the ?'s, maybe if you had pictures it would make more sense.

thanks, breton