Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ride Side Blinkers don't work...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rob71Balzer, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Rob71Balzer

Rob71Balzer Registered Member

Ride Side Blinkers don\'t work...

I just spent an hour and a half under the dash of my 71 and I still cannot figure out why the right side blinker will not work with the head lights on. They work fine when the head lights are off, but turn in the head lights and the right blinker light just comes on and stays on. It does not blink, just sits there. Anyone else had a similar problem?
    Thanks in advance,
    Robert

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Re: Ride Side Blinkers don\'t work...

I might just get a new flasher...Really...It was that way on my 73 ..It might work on the first gen too...mike

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Ride Side Blinkers don\'t work...

Pull out the flasher relay and re-seat it....for starters.

The fact that it's only on one side though, makes me think the relay is OK. Isn't that the way that GM lets you know you have a bulb burnt out? I'd check all the bulbs on that side and make sure nothings blown.....

4. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

My left blinker does the same.. Works fine when all lights are off but I urn on my parking lights the left stays lit, and does not flash... All bulbs are good... Did u figure it out?

5. ashman

ashman It's not a bronco Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've had similar problems in the past and it usually ends up being a ground issue.
    I'm not sure why it changes when the headlights are on, but try making sure the light housing is connected and properly grounded.