Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ride the Bonnet Carre Spillway!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NOT4SHW, Jul 29, 2002.

1. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I just wanted to let everyone know there is a ride coming up August 31 at the Bonnet Carre Spillway in Norco, LA "close to New Orleans". For more info: GulfCoast4x4's

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

AGAIN!!! YEAH! Remember I was there last time in the wussy white stock blazer? Maybe this time I will be up a little more on 35's....still waiting to see my last paycheck more than likely see ya out there! Even if you are not up for wheeling guys come check out some mud machines most sitting on 44's!

3. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

Im actually thinking of moving to the Gulfport Area soon will be visiting at the end of august if all goes well if you dont mind how long have you been in the area do you like it very curious as to the lift laws down there as they kinda suck in VA
    thanks
    Dave

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

kinda? oh they most definitely suck in VA...thats the price you pay for living in a commonwealth...

no radar detectors too? they can kiss my ass...ill have one til i die

Later

5. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I remember seeing you out there! Yea we're doing it again! We are also working on a few other rides and such in the area so check the GulfCoast4x4's on a regular basis for what's going on in the area! I hope you can make it! I've got a few minor things to do before then plus we're riding this weekend also so I will be busy wrenching for the next month!

6. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Well I think the law is 6" of Suspension lift but there are no bumper laws and of course no way to tell how much lift someone actually has on there truck. I've lived here my entire life and I've never heard of anyone ever getting stopped for a truck that was too high much less anyone getting a ticket. Around here even the Police drive K5's & Bronco's on 33-35's and lots own there own trucks. I drive my K5 regularly around town (I live in town) and I've got 13 1/2" of lift w/ 44's and I've never had any trouble and I have 3 police officers on my street! Most everything is laxed in the area. I run a sbc350 w/ some good parts on the inside and a decent cam with headers, 3" exhaust and 3" (2) chamber flowmasters that are turned down before the rear axle and no one ever says a word! I'm not saying I'm drag racing through town but it's loud reguardless! I hope to see you in the area and if you come down my numbers on my club website so give me a shout! GulfCoast4x4's