Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ride the Spillway Jan. 26, 2003

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NOT4SHW, Jan 11, 2003.

1. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Just wanted to let everyone know we're trying to get some guys together on Jan. 26 to ride the Bonnet Carre Spillway in Norco, LA. What's the occasion? "Thumper" from Alberta, Canada is going to be down in the New Orleans, LA area on a training exercise and asked if we would take him and a few friends. It looks like it's going to happen and if you're interested in going then I'll see you there! Any questions or for directions just email or PM me and I'll get with you asap! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Way cool Chris! Thanks again!

Mike

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Dammit, won't be on tires yet by then but i'm sure the bigger boys will be ready to play....should have two trucks comign in from B.R. if ya'll are serious about this on 38's maybe a bronco on 36's.

4. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Yea we're serious, several guys have already committed. I've still got to post it on my site, but I'll be doing that shortly. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Mike, No Problem! I think it will be a good time for you guys...

6. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

Well i spose i'm in might not have my gears in yet but what the hell. Gonna put the 10 bolt with 3.08 gears and 38's to the test hehe. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BowtieBlazer

I'll be a tow rig to get home if anything bad happens /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Plus a reason to swap in that FF you got laying around...

By the way we may need to track down the burb DJ talks about for axles...my front is in desperate need of a rebuild or being chunked and the rear is whinning real bad right now...Very bad thing as I am in houston...I tightened the [censored] out of the pinion only to still have slack in the pinion in and out wise...its bad news...my axles could then become donors for the spillway ride

I'll be back in BR the 20th you'll be one of the first to get a holler...

8. BlaznRebel

well i know where the burb is just got to go out there. I gotta find a D60 front or one of similar strength.Any ideas?

9. BlaznRebel

Well upon more careful thought the 26th is on a Sunday. I work Sunday-Wednesday. So unless I can get off work that day I might not make it. Sorry will let you guys know more next week... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. BowtieBlazer

Are you busy thursday and friday? I was supposed to be going hunting in vicksburg thursday through sunday but the guy said he can only break loose sat and sunday...I am in desperate need to fix the humming coming from the rear...If I can limp /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif it the 5 hrs home from houston I think then would be a good time to swap the burb axles in....I got lots of tools for christmas so I am ready to dig in if someone has time to show me where this mystery burb lies...

As for D60 we could go junkyard hunting...as is obvious in B.R. there aren't THAT many hardcore offroaders, we could atleast go look around.

I knew you had to work sundays but forgot "superbowl sunday" would be considered a sunday! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Hey not that it will help you while you're in Houston but I've got 3 matching sets of 1/2 ton blazer axles in various ratios/lockers/rear discs etc, if you know anyone looking, I'll be at the Spillway on the 26th and can bring something if you need anything 1/2 ton I've got plenty lying around.

12. BowtieBlazer

I appreciate it chris....I'll let you know something...if these other 1/2ton axles fall through (they're free)...I just dont have the money to get to 3/4 or 1 ton right now...lift and tires coming soon...then I'll break some shafts till I can jump another step.

13. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

i ll give it a shot what time are you going you know the monster truck show is the night before so i may still be [censored] faced when i get there

14. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

15. BowtieBlazer

What time are we gonna try and meet up? We are bringing in a small crew from Baton Rouge, 1-2 mud worthy trucks and 3 spectators. Hopefully we'll have a few empty seats between all the trucks...My blazer is unfortunately down for a couple weeks due to the carnage on my way home from houston. I have some axles to replace them but they aren't in the condition to be swapped under yet. Whats the specs and the prices you'd want on some of that 1/2 ton stuff you have. 3.73 and 4.11 gearing would be optimal for my uses...

16. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

is it still on im bringing my k5 and hopefully a cj5 also

17. BlaznRebel

Unfortunately after greater thought I will have to decline going to the spillway. I have many excuses but the best i got is that i have to work aside from the 3.08 gears, 38" Tires, and driveshafts that are way to short. Mabe next time fellas.

18. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

Dude I have (2) sets of axles left one set is 4.11's with an Auburn limited slip in the rear and one set with 4.56's detroit rear w/disc brakes and Auburn front. This set isn't out of the truck yet but they will be available soon. Email me at badgmc_1999@yahoo.com if you're interested.

19. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

Where exactly are ya'll meeting at in the Spillway?

20. BowtieBlazer

right off on the side of the road south of the spillway bridge (Hwy 61 aka Airline Highway) on the north side of the road...does that make sense?