Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rid'n an s-10 want bigger

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by fred2mihi, Jun 12, 2005.

1. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, while the rest of our group are herding their junk home, let me say we had a good time on Old Chinamans Gulch today, it's nice to live only 5 minutes away! Thanks to B to C for letting me hitch a ride with you! Sure missed John and his Kilt! I'm lucky to have a son that is willing to take grumpy dad along,thanks Scott! I'm sure Scott, Mark and Kevin will have great pictures. Maybe Mark is right we didn't need John to spot but maybe just a little. Kevin don't worry about your ATV or tailer, they are absolutely no problem! Storm Trooper where is the wedding the 18th, I'd like to drive by and see your iron? Fred2mihi

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Fred,

I had a good time draggin you around :) Except for all the whinning and the occasional crying you did real well! :D Agreed, today was a great time, here's a teaser pic of the aftermath...

[​IMG]

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Pictures? I hate hate my life. :mad:

4. fred2mihi

Nick, you couldn't put a better design if you had tried! :D

5. fred2mihi

John :o :frown1: :mad: :ignore:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  6. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Fred, It was a lifesaver having you live so close. For all that don't know. I am a dumba$$. I trailered my ATV out there on my cheap little trailer and I didn't have a spare tire for it. Had a blowout on the trailer within a mile of leaving the trail and had 95 miles left to travel. Fred was able to meet us on the road. We loaded the ATV into his truck bed and I dragged the trailer to his house. If it wasn't for Fred, I would have had to leave my ATV unsecured while I drove an extra 200 miles to get Burblovers trailer for the recovery (no place to get a tire on a Sunday evening).

Thanks Fred and thanks to Mark and Scott for hanging around.

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

No one blames you for this :grin:

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I still say it looks like a little kid had fun with a crayon :grin:

9. fred2mihi

Did I forget to tell you about the storage fee Kevin? Seriously you are very welcome. Never hesitate to call if you are up here and have a problem, I will help in any reasonable way that I can. That goes for any one whose stuck in BV.
    Fred
    AKA Fred2mihi

10. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

I would like to have some marks like that on my blazer. :thumb:

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Get a crayon & a 4 year old :D

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Part of the fun is listening for the newest epithets you come up with. :D

13. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

His insite to the area (lakes) were kinda neat too. Nice to have someone along with real world knowledge of the area.

That & your dad was just a blast to have around! Helluva nice guy and his willingness to help out (Kevin's fiasco) was just plain cool :waytogo:

14. fred2mihi

Phsah, now I am just plain embarassed :o. If we can't help friends what are we here for? There are hundreds of Forest Service roads in this area and it is one of my favorite pastimes to drive them to see whats over the next hill! For some great high mountain lake fishing take the Baldwin Lake road on the way to St. Elmo. What a combination some good 4 wheelin and great fishing I'm told! You know Scott, one of those roads I'm told a real mans truck will have a difficult time running ;) ! If someones wants to just come up and explore let me know. Another fun area is the Mining District around Leadville
    Fred

15. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

If Baldwin is the road to the left just before St Elmo, then the trails you are talking about are Grizzly & Iron Chest. I've done Grizzly & the fishing at the top is awesome. There is also another lake at the top behind the mine as well. However, I didn't think the fishing at Hancock Lake was very good.

16. fred2mihi

Mark, we are both correct on lakes and roads :D. The road just before St Elmo does go to Grizzly Lake and the Iron Chest mine, it is FR 280. The Baldwin Lake road is FR's 277 and 273. FR 277 begins at Alpine, the cool private lake on the right headed for St Elmo. As far as Hancock Lake, I have had my Mixer truck up there, what a challenge! Generally in the summer months it is a real Dog and Pony show up there. I didn't move to Buena Vista to hang out with a bunch of TREE HUGGIN' IDIOTS AND THE FOOLS THAT ARE THE OTHER DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing more disgusting than some J-----s on an Atv or Dirt bike that thinks everything in the back country is for them to destroy!! Sorry that's a sore spot in my hide. NO slam on you Kevin, you use your head when you are riding. Could I come down and camp in your backyard and tear it up and leave all of my trash for you to take carry of, probably not! It is heart breaking to see the destruction and vandalism "Tourist" have done to the Mining District around Leadville! Have you been up to Hagerman Pass yet? I was wondering if you were coming up with Kevin tomorrow!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005