Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Riff Diff swap help needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by turbo, Nov 20, 2000.

1. turbo

turbo 1/2 ton status

I replaced a bad 10 bolt in my 88 burb with a 12 bolt I got from a guy who used it on his blazer.
    Bolted up fine shocks mounts are correct problem is the driveshaft U joint hook up.
    The flange won't accept the burb rear U joint. I am hoping not to have to swap flanges.
    The U joint almost fits but the E clips hits keeping the U joint from seating in the flange. If the existing U joint did not have the E clips, it would fit perfectly. Another U joint would have to have (I guess) two different sizes, one to fit the drive shaft (same as existing) and the flange side to be approx 1/8 inch wider on each side (total 1/4 inch).
    Is there a speical U joint which will solve this problem and does anyone have the part number for it?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Sounds like you have the "smaller" yoke on the 12 bolt. Go to your GM dealer or rear end shop and tell them you need the large u-joint yoke for the 12 bolt or a 10 bolt yoke for a Blazer! Actually(dont know why I didn't think of this first)
    Take the yoke off the 10 bolt that came off the 'Burb and put it on your 12 bolt! They both have a 30spline yke and it iwll work!

HTH

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

I sure would go to a drive shaft shop before the dealer. They will know what's going on!

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Prices at the dealer for this item were the same as at the drivetrain place around here.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com