Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rifle mouts (military)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by oatsk5, Feb 11, 2003.

1. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Im looking for a mount that azblazer has he told me that there was a set on ebay but im not finding it or the name of it i do now that they were in the military blazer cucv i think any info will help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I don't know if those mounts would be too good with a civilian rifle unless you own an AR. That's what these mounts were made for. If you are somewhat a fabricator, you could probably gleen enough info off the vets here that have used these mounts to make them for your needs.

3. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ok but what about the ak47/or sks but il do some checking bout what you rec though . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, I'm reaching way back here trying to remember these things cause they were more of a pain than anything.

Seems like most of the mounts just clipped on the barrel, barrel facing up. Problem we had was mounting the rifle like this took away room and hindered getting out of the vehicle.

The clips were, how can I describe it? Probably about three inches long, and one side of the clip was contoured so the rifle barrel would slide in and was under tension. The clips were dipped in Plastikote type stuff.

I hope that helps. If there's not further on this by the time I get home from work tomorrow, I'll go into Photochop and draw ya a picture of what I can remember.

For an AK or something, as long as the mount was at a height to accept the barrel and keep the stock on the floorboard, then it should work for ya. But instead of mounting it on the outside near the door, I would go for something in the middle. Or better yet, something above your head.

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status