Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

****Rifle Season for Deer opens on Sat woohoo****

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Silver84k5, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

im leaving on thursday for hunting in eastern oregon, the Heppner Unit, hunting the breaks of the johnday river, im pumped, wish i was there right now Ringin in the new season........ Anyone else going after the Muleys?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'll be leaving Friday morning for the White River Unit...need me another 4 point like last yr. Theres a pic of it in my webshots.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats and good luck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Going to the same place /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

have fun, I have to wait til Oct.12.... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

6. Silver84k5

where you hunting by? we are between Spray and Monument, near a place called Bologna Canyon

7. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Everyplace we used to hunt in the Heppner District is closed or been sold ect, ect... We are going to be around the Penland Lake area this time. And we will be scouting out areas for elk season also... myself will be stump hunting because of the f'ed up back, but it still will be great to go, I have not been hunting in four years /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

8. Silver84k5

i know the feeling of your old hunting grounds being closed off, when i was 10 my dad took me to the place that hed been hunting for 20 some years. we got 2 deer that year and seen a 6 point branch bull, (my first time ever seeing a bull like that not on a refuge, pertty breath taking for a 10 year old) then we hunted some different units for a few years, Steens Juniper Desolation, then we didnt draw for two years, then we put in for heppner again and drew, i was pumped to go back to the place that i went on my first hunting trip on our way down the road we come to a gate the Fing road was closed cuz some bastard bought the land and only a corner of his land is blocking us from getting to our old hunting spot, so there is two pieces of land blocking the only two roads that go into the public land in the middle, freakin lame, but i think this year im going on a top secret mission to get back there ;] dunno how im gonna get my deer back to camp once i bag one but ill wait till the time comes ;]

9. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Be careful and good luck. I am not much on deer hunting because there are many many people out there that do not have a clue on whats going on. Elk hunting is a different story...

10. Silver84k5

yea there are too many people... ive heard of people coming in camp and stealing elk heads before too though, gotta deal with Dipshits where ever you go, although i think the bad weather weeds out some of the people on elk hunting

11. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

This is the funniest, we were hunting walton lake in the Ochoco's and these people had there deer hangin very proudly in the campground they where elk and got very good ticket out of the hole thing........ /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

12. Silver84k5

you have to be pretty freakin retarded to mistake the two

13. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Hunting, friends, family, getting together, not just for he hunt but for the get together... we will be leaving one person behind this year due to a long battle with cancer, he is still with us but it will not be the same... just remember... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Good luck to all of you Bambi stalkers /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

yes, good luck to all that is going!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well, its 11am and i'm outta here to go hunting. Hope everyone has good luck and be safe.

Jeff

17. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

good luck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

18. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well, first weekend of hunting was a bust /forums/images/icons/frown.gif all i saw were 2 doe, not a single buck. Still really dry over on the east side of mt. hood. But as i was coming back home sunday night the rain was starting to come in, so i'm hoping next weekend will be better.

19. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

How didi everyone do? I hope better then me. I missed my only chance when I was loading up to come home yesterday a three point ran thru camp and my rifle was in the back seat of the Blazer... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

20. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn man, thats gotta hurt /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif at least you saw something, i'm hoping for a better weekend this weekend, its my last chance for the yr