Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

right side drop transfer case to fit a 4l80e trans?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Dec 22, 2006.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

so i got a 94 gmc 2500 ext cab from my dad. its worn out and needs some TLC. im going to combine my k5 with it and make 1 good truck out of the 2. actualy theres a 3rd truck in the puzzle a rolled 4x4 dually with a 454 and 4l80e ill be useing the 454 and 4l80e cuz the truck only has 54K miles on it.

so heres the plan:
    solid axle swap useing the K5's d60 and 14bff
    454/4l80e swap
    new fiberglass fenders and bedsides(prerunner style)
    full inteirior roll cage
    i want it to look like its ready to race to the untrained eye and will eventualy upgrade parts until it is

now heres the parts im not sure on
    1st what transfer case will adapt to the 4l80e with a right side drop to match the d60?
    2nd is directed to beaterk20 and his "sky man." kit my k5 has a 3" rancho soft ride lift and if i have read correctly this will put me at 9" of lift? if i use sky's brackets. and also i ant more detail on the braceing you was talking about.

thanx balzer

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

ive got a 4L80E/241 adapter for pass side drop 241 tcase. i think that its the same adaper as the driverside drop tcases but maybe not. its in the forsale section if interested. im going to run a right side tcase behind my 4L80E so there shouldnt be any problems with you doing it

3. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

I've got the 32 spline NP241 driver drop transfer case, that, with Muddy's adapter, will bolt in. $225 shipped
    Jimbo