Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rim Backspacing, how to decide?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 3, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Ok I'm trying to figure what backspacing I want on my rims. I am gonna ask for them for Christmas so I want to get going on it to let my mom know in detail what I want. I'm gonna get a set from BlueTorch Fabworks, $150 a rim for 15x10 beadlocks with any backspacing. So how can I decide what backspacing I want? 4.5 seems common, any reason?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

4-ish backspacings are fine... only problem with that much is clearance for D60 calipers, but since u r 1-ton, i assume you have that all figured out already...

j

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah I already know I'm gonna have to caliper grind. Just wondering if there are any advantages to certain backspacings. Keep thinking 4" just to stick the tires out there that little bit more.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah I already know I'm gonna have to caliper grind. Just wondering if there are any advantages to certain backspacings. Keep thinking 4" just to stick the tires out there that little bit more.

[/ QUOTE ] If you want the tires to stick out more (I personally like the deep dish rim look) then go for less back spacing.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah I am thinking 3.5 or 4, most likely just go with 4". I like deep wheel look too. But looks aren't primary.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, 4" wont make ur tires stick out much at all. if you want em to stick out, go 3" or so. Save you a lot of grinder/caliper work if you havent ground them already...

j