Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rim question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ZfromNJ, Dec 12, 2001.

1. ZfromNJ

ZfromNJ Registered Member

I am wondering if I put 15 x 10's on my 33's. See what I am going for is the wider look. I am putting a 2.5" lift on my K5 and I want to fill the space. What do you guys think?

{crazy}

2. 77JimmyMan

77JimmyMan Registered Member

I used 15x10's with 3 1/2" backspacing to mount my 33's on my 77 Jimmy 4" lift. I had them on 15x8's with the stock 3 3/4" back spacing (I dont know what I was thinking) for a while (sidewalls hit the draglink) and they deffinitly look wider and fit better on the truck (with 15x10's) sense there isnt a huge bulging sidewall to hit the draglink, but thatll depend on the backspacing too. I used the shallower spacing to bring the tires out further to get away from the draglink, it also helps fill the rear wheel wells but you will need flares if the local police are picky about these things (fronts stick out abou 2", flush with the body in the back) . Hope that helps. ~Mark~

3. 77JimmyMan

77JimmyMan Registered Member

I used 15x10's with 3 1/2" backspacing to mount my 33's on my 77 Jimmy 4" lift. I had them on 15x8's with the stock 3 3/4" back spacing (I dont know what I was thinking) for a while (sidewalls hit the draglink) and they deffinitly look wider and fit better on the truck (with 15x10's) sense there isnt a huge bulging sidewall to hit the draglink, but thatll depend on the backspacing too. I used the shallower spacing to bring the tires out further to get away from the draglink, it also helps fill the rear wheel wells but you will need flares if the local police are picky about these things (fronts stick out about 2", flush with the body in the back) . Hope that helps. ~Mark~

4. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

77Jimmy:

I sure would like to see a picture of your truck. Thanks for the post. I assume you have a 4X4.

If you kiss your honey, and her nose is runny
    you may think it's funny, but itsnot

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I got just the thing for you [​IMG]

Mine is a 4 inch lift, but here's down the side with 33x12.50 and 15x10 wheels
    Rear

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

6. 89k5blazr

89k5blazr Registered Member

i just put on mick thompson 15x10's with BFG mud terrain 33" on my 89 k5 and i needed a 2" lift and now i have a cenimeter of clearance on hard turns.... looks good...

1989 K5 350 ci TBI

7. ZfromNJ

ZfromNJ Registered Member

Thanks Fellas. I am almost positive that I am going to put on the 33's with the 2.5 inch suspension lift. Again thanks for the help.

{crazy}

8. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have 35x14.50's on 15x10's with 4 1/8" backspacing. I have about 5" of lift though.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>