Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rim questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sope, Nov 16, 2005.

1. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

:confused: I am putting 15 " rims on my front D60. I have read numerous threads and the tech article on the sight. My problem is that I am having trouble finding different backspaced 15 by 8 steel rims with 8 lug holes. I have read that guys are running 2 and 3 " backspace rims for this application. My local tire dealer who I want to use tells me that there are no stock style rims that are 15" 8 lug and that american racing steel rims only give you one option 4.5 ". I am trying to do this cheap so I want wagon wheels or Daytona style wheels. Any input would be appreciated. :confused:
    Thanks, JP

2. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Your guy is right there are no "stock" 15" 8 lug rims. I bought mine from American racing and US wheel w/ 3.5-4" back spacing. US wheel I believe has 2.75" back spacing. Mine were white wagon wheels. try www.tyres1.com

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I bought mine from summit. They are 15X8 4-1/4 backspacing 8 lug white wagon wheels. I buffed them with a scotch brite pad and shot a coat of flat black on them. 5 rims to my door was $156.

Ira

4. SUB-ZERO

SUB-ZERO 1/2 ton status

I need 15x10's. Do I use the same backspacing?Do they make them in 10" wide with 8 lugs? Do I need 8x6.5 lug pattern?

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Yes they make a 15X10 8 lug. Yes you need 8X6.5 bolt pattern. As far as backspacing is concerned 4" backspacing is 4" backspacing regardless of rim width. If you go to Summitracing.com they have a useful filter system for finding wheels. Just input your rim size, width, bolt pattern, and any other spec that you want like backspacing, color, material and it will filter there selection to your specs.

Ira