Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rim widening/recentering??!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90BCk5, Oct 2, 2005.

1. 90BCk5

90BCk5 1/2 ton status

anyone know if you can widen hummer rims? i put a set of 38.5X16X16.5 tsl's on hummer double beadlock rims... needless to say, they are eggs! i think i would have to run them at like 18-20 psi to loose the egg shape..... but i was wondering if i could get them widened to like 10-12 inches. i dunno, i imagine if i do that ill have to re-center them as well or end up with a 9 inch backspace??? :confused: whew.... any ideas???????

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i am sure something could be done, the prob i can think of is that the nsert would have to be made wider aswell. usa6x6 makes/has pvpinserts for the hummers maybe they could make you new ones.

but buy the time you do that maybe a set of custom beadlock rims would be cheaper overall, stazworks, or usa6x6, although i would recomend readding up on 6x6 befor you do busness with him, a simple forum search under "usa6x6" will tell you alot

3. 90BCk5

90BCk5 1/2 ton status

yeah as for the iinserts i was going to run the pvc ones....too bad thats not whats got me stumped :D

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

contact 6x6 and see if they widen them at all, he does do alot of hummer rims so he might know.