Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rims do not fit....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jughead, Sep 10, 2006.

1. jughead

jughead Registered Member

I got a set of rims and tires at a swap meet a couple of weeks ago. Lift is on the truck so when I went to put them on the rear is fine but the front are rubbing on the calipers. The rims are a deep dish 15x12 with a 35 inch tire. Do I need some type of spacer or is that dangerous. The truck is a 69 Blazer with a front rear(dana 44 6 lug) swapped out of a 72 blazer in order to get the disc brakes and install the cross over steering. Will I need to go to a 16 inch rim? Thanks for any help.

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A small spacer would be OK. I would check where it is rubbing, maybe a little grinder work will fix it.

3. jughead

I just keep running into road blocks....I am not liking the idea of having to locate new rims. Where should I look for a spacer?

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

try grinding the calipers down some, usually it's not that much, takes a little bit of time, but they will work. Only money spent will be the cash for the grinding wheels....alot less than spacers.

5. jughead

I will get a better look at it tomorrow...I am buying new rotors and calipers the ones on there are shot...Maybe the rust added some height to them...Do calipers come in different sizes?

6. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner