Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rims

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Oct 2, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

4 Wheel Parts just called and said they screwed up and my rims that I ordered last week have been out of stock for a month...I had ordered 15x10 monster wheels in a black finish...they were cheap and i need steel rims to fit on my 3/4 ton front axle...aluminum wont fit because they'll hit the caliper bad.
    He offered to send me chrome ones in the same modular style at no extra charge ...but i'm not a chrome buff and they will rust quick here in maine.
    I guess I either take him up on the chrome ones or pull my money out and buy em elsewhere. They dont offer much else in a steelie with my bolt pattern in 15".

I hate it when this happens /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I just got my 15x10 8 lug chrome mods and they look great!

3. codeman

codeman Registered Member

I just got some 15x8 Black Rock Crawlers from 4WheelParts. I think they are awesome. The black powder coating looks like it will hold up pretty good. If I were you I would not get the chrome.

4. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

Well I ended up getting the pro comp chrome mods...a little impatient and 4wp were the only people with 15x10 8 lug steelies...everyone else had em on backorder.

I guess I would have waited for a black set or a set of Eatons but I've had my brand new SSR's in the basement for a month now. My 3/4 ton axles are in the barn and its getting cold here in maine.

thanks for the replys guys
    I guess I was just venting....I find this to be a normal thing when buying from 4WheelParts /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

maybe you could just scuff em up and paint em black. might look good but if ya don't wanna do that then i hope you like yer rims. later.

jacob

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Sell them, buy the black ones from somewhere else. Whats the price difference? I might need some 8 lug wheels if I can find D44 cheap, and I have a 14b with disk brakes in the garage. Later, Jeremiah