Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rims.

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] Think these Centerline rims would look good on a mid/late 80's El Camino ???

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

yes, provided it wasnt an SS, had a 2.5"/1" drop, was black with chrome bumpers.. i would say hell yes

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I concure, Confedneck! They would look very sharp on that car with a mild drop and some chrome elsewhere on the car!

Kris

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm thinking a non SS (Never did like the grill on them). Some drop spindles up front, but leave the rear at stock hight. Ofcorse all black. Can't remember what they did with the bumpers in the mid 80's, but around the headlights there is some crome.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

IMHO I think they are kind of ugly. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i would like to see them on a old dark red nova /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yup, just stick some Hotchkis coils in the front, a set of Edelbrock IAS shocks, full poly kit narrowed front bumper from Lauren engineering . . .

I've got a malibu I've been working on for quite a while, it's a rust bucket but has a full custom suspension under it, and I'm building a 355 for it.
    Big discs in the front, rear discs w/ adjustable upper control arms, tubular control arms in thefront with drop spindles, right now I have all the poly in, Hotchkis coils and IAS shocks.

This is what the bumpers look like.

[​IMG]

Mine sits about this low in the front too. I highly recommend the Hotchkis coils to get a nice drop and sporty ride. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Oh yeah I'm running 235/60r15's on 15x6 aluminum IROC rims
    With a V8 it will probably sit a bit lower, I only have the six right now, but will yank it in the next year or so when I get the motor ready, rig first though.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I'm not big on the El Camino styling, but that one is sharp!
    I like the painted bumpers and the darker colors look good on them too.
    I've been looking for that airdam under the bumper for my Malibu but can never find one decently priced or in good shape.

I've got a ton of info on building the suspension and brake systems on these since I was gonna do my Malibu up and then swap it to an 87 MC SS Aero if I could ever get my hands on one.
    There are a ton of little factory pieces that ca nbe picked up at the juck yard off of other g bodies that will stiffen the suspension up very nicely.

Anyway G Bodies are cool cars. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif