Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ring and pinion install in PHX

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jna, Jan 31, 2004.

1. jna

jna Registered Member

Any phx people here??? Where is the cheapest place to get my gears installed? The lowest in tucson ive checked is 150. I called 4wd supply and they wanted 175. Or does anyone like doing it so much they want to do it for fun?? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Probably not, but worth the try. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks!!!
    jna

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Brian Labarge (LaBarge on here) works at one of the desert rats. call around and get ahold of him. from what i have been told he knows his ring gears.
    Grant

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Over at Desert Rat in Mesa, The one on broadway just east of Alma Shool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

personally i wouldn't go to desert rat, every time i go in there to check prices or to pick up a part they are a-holes (unless you know someone like Grant said) ive gone to Off-Road Unlimited (Broadway & Extension) and i also 4 Wheeler Supply (Washington St. in Phx. by the dog tracks) both shops have done excellent jobs and are great shops.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well, brian MAY be willing to do it on his time, saving money for you and pocketing some for him
    Grant

6. jna

jna Registered Member

Well i have the same opinion of the desert rat down here, plus they dont know $h!t... thanks for the recomondations, but do you know how i could get a hold of brian?? should i call desert rat or does anyone know his #?

thanks guys!!
    jna

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I have had bad dealing with Deset Rat as well. I have met Brian and know many people who are happy with the shop in mesa. I would not worry about that shop. I know the manager and he is pretty cool, at least for a jeep guy /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

PS to brian and eric... no harm intended by the desert dork comment below, I like your shop.
    PS to the Desert Dorks near 19 ave & Peoria as well as the one on Cave Creek & Bell Rd...
    Get your friggin' act together!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

That is all

8. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

ditto..what matt said, brian, eric and shane are all cool guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif