Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rinoline v/s carpet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Guss, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Guss

Guss Registered Member

has anyone rinolined the inside of theyre blazer and if so can you post pics

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

not rhino... herculiner...

[​IMG]

thats the only pic of it I really have right now. Rhino liner is better for deadening sound and its a bit tougher too... but herc only cost me $100 to do (I used about 1.5 gallons) and has held up fine.

j

3. Guss

Guss Registered Member

did you do up front also?

4. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

I Herculined mine also (and didn't get any on my hootus... )

Same as JEK, it was only $100 (Linex wanted $650 to do the same amount).
    Came out looking really good. I did from the pedals to the tailgate. I'm sure the performance is better with Rhino or Linex, but for $550 difference... That could buy a lot of other toys!!!

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Herculined mine as well, and was suprised that the one gallon kit was more than enough to do the whole floor in the blazer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am VERY pleased with the results, and it is very durable. I noticed it also can be painted with good success. I don't know what the official word on that is, but I painted over a few areas I had herculined and the paint adhered very well.

Oh yeah, I also got my Herculiner off eBay for less than $100 shipped, which saved me about 10% over buying it at the parts house (sales tax).

http://www.krazyk5.com

http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me
    http://community.webshots.com/user/trcksr4me2

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I Herculined mine and my hootus is just fine thank you

but i did mine when hery was like $130 for the kit it has gone down from then but i am still happy with it i might try to get it on gray and go a little thicker this summer

7. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Mine has the Herc or some other cheapie version, seems to work great and I'll be putting another coat on this summer. Pro's are: easy to clean and durable, con's are that it's loud as crap and hot in the summer.

Oh, also do not know the status of P.O.'s hootus and want to keep it that way. :grin: I will make sure and keep my hootus clear when re-applying.

8. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Hurculined mine also. Prep was a mother but well worth it in the end. Very inexpensive compared to taking it to a "liner" shop.
    [​IMG]

best thing about it you cane hose it out when it gets dirty without any thought about rust!

9. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I used Line-X, very similiar though...I did the whole truck, inside and out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mine is Rhino Lined from the firewall to the tailgate. The finish is smoother than the Herculiner or other products I have seen, and is very easy to clean with a leaf blower or a hose. My son and I did most of the prep work, and had the lining installed for less than $400.

11. 4wheelin4Jesus

4wheelin4Jesus 1/2 ton status

Hi, i like your roll cage. I am in the middle of fabricating one for my 78. Yours looks like it is a store bought one. Im doing mine from scratch, and kinda wishin that i had spent the money. Anywho, You would do me a huge favor, by giving me a couple of dimensions of the bars that hold your seats. What is the height from the floor boards to the top of the bar that your seats rest on? Did you mount seat sliders for your seats to mount on? Are you using a 5 point harness, or regular seat belts? If you are using the 5 point harness, did you configure it to slide with the seats, or is it stationary? Any help would be awsome.
    thanks, and God bless.

12. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:yikes: 73K5 how much did that cost? My local Line-X guy said that pedals to tailgate is $600, and the whole truck would be 2 grand....

13. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The front section of the cage is the smitty bilt, the back section is fabbed as well as the seat cage. I also fabbed all the frame to cage supports underneath.
    Unfortunatly I cannot give measurments until this weekend as I am out-of-town all week. The height, however, is the same exact height as a stock '90 K5 seat riser. I am using a corbeau 3 point retractable harness , stock sliders/adjusters from '90 K5, corbeau seats. My harness is the retractable version, so it will go with the seat.

B_to_C, as far as cost....well....it was $2600 for the line-x (underside of tilt clip, underbody is also all sprayed). Same as a decent paint job though., that was my rational anyway....

14. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

Mine is sprayed inside and out, but I do it here at my shop so cost to me was just materials and my time, of course, taping the flames off took about 4 hours :yikes: :screwy: our prices start at about 800 bucks to spray a whole vehicle and goes up from there depending on many factors. The inside of mine is black..i will get pics of the inside soon.

DCP_0944.JPG

15. 4wheelin4Jesus

4wheelin4Jesus 1/2 ton status

Your Reply Was A Big Help. I Had No Idea That They Made Retractable Harnesses.
    Thanks Again, And God Bless.

16. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Here's mine. Speedliner sprayed in at a body shop. I can't tell you cost since they did a ton of other work. Whole interior was done along with guage cluster, door panels, glove box cover, and some exterior.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  17. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

The title says "rhino vs. carpet" and no one has said anything about carpet, so I'll be the lone wolf on this one. I like carpet b/c to me it's clean, nice, and quiet. However, my truck is a "show truck" (not show quality but seems that's what a "nice" truck is getting called around here lately). I drive my truck alot and do not do any "wheeling" so I want a comfortable ride. If I did have a "wheeling" truck though I would definitely get the Rhino lining. Depends on what you do with it. Just my .02. :D