Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RIP Jerry... **UPDATE!!**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Sep 1, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My wife just got home and had informed me of the details she found out about the wreck. She works with the sheriffs wife at the nursing home, so she was able to get the details of the accident. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

My day has just gotten worse!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Jerry and Brad, along with both of their wives, and Brad's two kids were all riding in the boat. It was almost dark, around 8 p.m. and they were riding along the dam, which has rocks scattered all over. The water was low because of the dry weather we've had and riding at dusk makes it harder to see the rocks.
    Evidently, they must have hit some rocks and threw everyone out of the boat.

Jerry and Brad were killed instantly, the two wives were Life Watched to Wichita, and the two kids suffered minor scrapes and bruises.

Brads wife may be making a full recovery, but Jerry's wife's life is on the line right now. They don't think she is gonna make it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I'm losing two good friends now!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

My wife also said that speed was a factor as was alcohol, too. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: RIP Jerry...

Wes, My thoughts are with Jerry's family and yours through this troubled time.

take care and God Bless

-Jeremy

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So sorry to hear about your friend's passing. It's always hard to loose a friend. I'll prey for him and his tonight.

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear it Wes...seems like God is building one Hella wrench team up there. Lost a lotta good buds, too.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

wow..im real sorry to hear bout that!! i cant imagine how hard that must be, i go boating up at the 1000 islands..and they have a poker run, wear they race the big power boats..and that something ive always wondered..how save it was or if something was ever going to happen...best look to you and both families..

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My condolences Wes.../forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Rene

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    My condolences Wes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

8. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like he lived the life he wanted to live. Sorry for your loss.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sorry to hear Wes. Just remember the good times.

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear it Wes. My condolences to you and his family.

I found out yesterday a friend of mine from HS got killed a few weeks ago in AZ.

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My heartfelt thanks to everyone for your support. I deeply appreciate it at a time like this.

Jerry was a guy all of you would love and could relate to. He is one of the baddest body shop guys I have ever dealt with. I would have bet a million bucks that he could do his work just as good, if not better, than Boyd Coddington. He truly loved doing his work and it showed.

We are taking a loss of a friend and a great business man. I had been talking with him some time back about having him restore my '56 Chevy big back window pick up and making it look like the ORU "Big Bird" '57 Chevy. He was estatic that I wanted him to do the work.
    Unfortunately, I sold that truck as it was a "phase" that just came and went. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I've been thinking the past day and today that I may try to find another '56, or even a '55 or '57, and have it totally restored in Jerry's memory. Just want to keep his memory alive.

BTW, we still don't know the full details of the accident from the lake. We found out today that his passenger, a friend of his, was also killed along with him, too. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

So tragic something like this has to happen, especially to two young men in a very small town of around 800 people. When you have a small town, stuff like this hit the hardest since everyone knows everyone. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I love you Jerry!! Go build Jesus his hot rod now!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif See you on the other side someday. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif