Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RIPPED OFF!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MTPockets, Oct 15, 2000.

1. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

went out wheelin today and when i thought i had conquered the mud hole, it ate my truck. all was good until i got yanked out.
    in the process of being snatched out the lower ball joint got caught on a stump or something and twisted the steering knuckle counter clockwise until the upper part of it ripped at the upper ball joint. of course the axle didnt stand a chance of surviving that so the u-joint let go too. the tie rod was pushed up against the bottom of the leaf spring, but that along with the lower ball joint managed to keep the wheel from falling off the truck. meanwhile the brakeline loosened up and drained the master cylinder leaving me unable to stop the truck. all this while being pulled to solid ground. so, an hour and 60 bucks later here i am.
    story telling aside, i am in desperate need of a 10-bolt passenger side steering knuckle and axles. the ball and u joints are lifetime pieces from autozone.
    thanks,
    MTPockets.

maybe a good time for crossover steering conversion, got a dana 44 knuckle anyone?

2. waxer@work

waxer@work Registered Member

Another reason why I'm through with Mud.......

Ya just dont know what lies beneath it.

3. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

oh man, you're about two weeks too late. I sent my '89 10 bolt w/30 spline axles & the dana 44 w/flat knuckle to the dump... taking up too much space. Heck, I woulda given them to you. Oh well, sorry and good luck!

Have been stuck (once) as of 8/12/00
    "(2H) Where's all the mud?.(4H)...(4L)..(4H)... oh crap"

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have a passenger side knuckle and axel. email me. I can ups it, no prob. the knuckle had ball joints put in just before last winter and cut up truck this summer. 82 k10.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

5. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Never throwaway extra parts!!!!You never know when someone will need them!I would have taken that 44 flat knuckle.Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster