Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rise of bad spelling again?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Sep 4, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Is it just me or has bad spelling been on the rise here lately?

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

thets not treu at all /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This issue is beat to death. I freely admitt that my spelling sucks sh_t through a straw. This issue is so petty. I honestly belive that alot of the spell nazi crap is just too put some people down. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

read the post about that conspiracy theory around the pentagon, more than one post where its not a dead issue, ha. I wans't even refering to you in anyway. I haven't noticed really bad spelling from you in a while. Misspelling one or two words is fine but when you have to stop and interperet wtf the person mean is what I'm talking about.

5. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Definitely on the rise! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Definitely on the rise! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I don't think its pointing fingers, honestly, it makes some responses or post very
    difficult to read. Our minds are so fixed on words as they should be, then we get
    >somting< like this! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lately? Man, i've been a crapy speller all my life. nothing new to me. LOL! Only thing worse than my spelling is my penmenship (sp?) LOL! guess i liked recess too much in school. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Re: rise of bad spelling again? *DELETED*

Post deleted by gotmud?

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

is supersize on one of his drunk rampages again /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

<font color="red"> BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE </font> /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

SORRY SELD I KNOW I SUCK, but i Just learened to read.
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    read the post about that conspiracy theory around the pentagon, more than one post where its not a dead issue, ha. I wans't even refering to you in anyway. I haven't noticed really bad spelling from you in a while. Misspelling one or two words is fine but when you have to stop and interperet wtf the person mean is what I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'm not death on spelling if the subject matter is light. But, if you want any credibility attached to a serious matter, and you butcher the delivery, the credibility of the person writing it goes down the growler, and as a result, usually the content itself.

13. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

i saw sinomthnig ocne taht knida loeokd lkie tihs, it porevd taht as lnog as the frist and lsat lttres wree the smae and the oirgnoal lttres wree sitll icnuledd tehn msot poelpe can raed it fnie bceusae wehn poelpe raed tehre mnid lkoos at the frist and lsat lttres tehn ptus the oethr lttres in the rghit pacle bceusae of the way its wrdoed /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

now imagine havin to read a 2 page paper like that, if i can find it ill post it on, i personally found it pretty interesting /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

tihsllub /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I was just flippin' ya sh_t. I have fun going after the spell nazi's.

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

SFTU! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

here is a nice little tool for Internet explorer for people who would like a spell checker /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif http://www.iespell.com/

18. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

i don't know if misspelling is the culprit, or mistyping.... my meat hooks jam away on the keyboard - sometimes i miss the edge of a key and the one next to it gets pressed....or a key doesn't get pressed hard enuff..this may happen as i type at the lightning pace of about 30 words a minute

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i speel bad combined with the finger tip size to hit like 6 keys at once. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i don't know if misspelling is the culprit, or mistyping.... my meat hooks jam away on the keyboard - sometimes i miss the edge of a key and the one next to it gets pressed....or a key doesn't get pressed hard enuff..this may happen as i type at the lightning pace of about 30 words a minute

[/ QUOTE ]
    its funny to see bluebies in the lounge now /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif