Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

River Rock/Dec1-3

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by trollporter, Oct 10, 2006.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Our group is having an open run at River Rocks in Milledgeville ,Ga on Dec 1-3. If you haven't checked this place out yet it is awsome and the owner (Steve) is a great guy. I just wanted to extend this invite to some fellow K5er's that don't visit the RR web site. And if you read our post and are still pissed off don't say you were not warned!

http://riverrockorv.com/talk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=158

Come on Orange Crush and NVRENUF(tell TJ and Walt too)!!!

troy

2. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Troy, thanks for the invite. It's just too soon after the Thump for me to make it down there. Sounds like a good time. Please make sure to post some pics.

George

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

When are you heading down there? What kinds of trails? How long does it take you from Sav GA? Tent areas? Kid friendly? Could a stock toyota make it? I may be up for it:D , sucks that I will be driving my toyota though.:(

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I wish I could make it but I still don't have anything running. :crazy: Walt and TJ know about it, Mike posted it up on the LIU board. Hopefully next summer I'll be able to ride with y'all some. :bow:

5. trollporter

Heading down Fri Dec1st.
    Trails=Bad Azz.
    About 3.5-4hrs from SAV,GA(depending on who's driving)
    Probaly not going to be a kid friendly weekend unless your kid is used to some of our language and staying up till dawn.
    You could probaly do most of the bypasses in a stock yota.

nvrenuf: come on and ride with TJ or Walt. Is TJ's junk ready or is he wheelin' the Sami?

troy

6. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool, what sucks that it is so close to Christmas though. Sarasotausmc and I may come down, convince a couple others (hint John, CB, Don, Clay, James, Keenan.....) to come also.

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

TJ's close... I think exhaust and front gears and he should be ready for a test ride in it. It's pretty cool, it should be hell on wheels in the woods. :D

Has he or Walter talked to y'all about coming down for their annual ride in March? It's a week long deal where everybody takes off when the can for a week so there's a ride every day.

8. trollporter

Yea, They have invited us in the past it's just kind of hard to get off work like that. Besides we can't keep our junk together for the three day weekends that we ride. I couldn't imagine a whole week, we probaly couldn't get them back on the trailers.

troy

9. draggbody

draggbody 1/2 ton status

man, this is my kind of bunch!!! i live about 2.5 hrs from RR... i will be there, is it an "event" or one of those weekends where steves like "hell, y'all come over when ever in the hell ya want to, i'll leave the gate unlocked" either way i'm there...

10. trollporter

Bring your junk on draggbody! This is not an organized event, this is just a open ride weekend reserved by us(GDI) for anyone to come out who enjoys night riding until dawn and beating the crap out of their rigs with out getting looked down on by other panty waisted wheelers. Hopefully Steve and his son will be up for riding with us.

Steve Renfroe= The Man:bow:

troy

BTW, got any pics of your truggy dragbody? I think I'm about to go the same route.

11. draggbody

draggbody 1/2 ton status

12. trollporter

Thats awsome man! I think you'll fit right in with our style of wheelin'. What front springs are you running? 52's?

troy

13. draggbody

draggbody 1/2 ton status

skyjacker softrides 6"... i am linking the front in dec. around christmas... i am doing my friends heep right now so i want to see how it works first... :D

14. trollporter

We have a few heeps that ride ride with us(1 ton Willys and a GC on Rocks) but if your friend wants to test his links tell him to come beat on it with us.

Allright CK5 SE guys, so far I've got one maybe from Gotlabs and a definate from Dragbody. If anybody else wants to take off their skirts, load up your junk and be at RR the first weekend in Dec. If you think URE is good wheelin' you really need to check this place out. It's about 75% man made and worth the $50 for the weekend. If you haven't been before the $50 includes a camp site with water, electricity, showers, toilets and a fully loaded shop to wrench on your rig if/when you break. There are several parts stores and a Tractor supply very close in the town of Milledgeville.

troy

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  15. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

I have been there about 5 or 6 times and River Rock is a great place to ride. Its small but has it all. Its only about an hour and fifteen minutes from my house. I should be able to make it.

16. trollporter

Sounds great JpEater! I think you were there during our weekend with Peak Empire back in the spring. I had the black K5 that looked like a prune on 1tons. If you have anybody else that wants to bash it up tell them to come on.

troy

17. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

Yeah man I remember talking to you now I think, if you have a clocked Np241 and a CK5 sticker on the fender cause I do remember that.

18. trollporter

Yep, that was me. It should be a pretty good weekend. There's probaly about 12 of us coming up from the Low Country of SC, a few guys from Alabama and a few more from NC & GA. Hope you don't sleep much! One of our guys is trying to get there early Fri to claim our normal camping spot and start wheeling. So anytime you want to show, come on.

troy

19. JpEater

JpEater 1/2 ton status

Its a short ride for me so I will probably just make it a day trip and be there on Saturday morning.

20. trollporter

10-4 Man! It should just be the normal price since this isn't a function put on by RR. We just had that weekend on the calender and thought it would be great if we could some bad ass rigs together for an open run.

troy