Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rivits for vin plate...where do i get them

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I need to get some rivits for the vin plate in the door jam...they are not just normal rivits...they are roseteet rivits...anyone have a clue?....i thoguht that i saw something on here a year ago but now luck on the search.
    thanks
    Chaz

&lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/cool.gif"&gt;<font color=blue>Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!</font color=blue> &lt;img src="http://coloradok5.com/forums/images/icons/cool.gif"&gt;

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Do you have to use the same style? I have a rivit gun and tons of different sizes. Your more than welcome to use it...
    OSH carries a variety of rivits

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The proper rivets are 8-sided rosettes. They are hard to get, but there is a place that sells them for restorations. Go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.classicalpontiac.com>http://www.classicalpontiac.com</a> and do a search in the "Current Q&amp;A" for rivet.

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

I looked around on that site and i found the threads on the rivet things but nothing on where to get them.
    Thanks
    Chaz

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!</font color=blue> [​IMG]

5. MRBIGBLOCK

MRBIGBLOCK 1/2 ton status

thease rivets are illegal to sell under the grand theft auto laws,also many states forbid the removal of thease vin plates.

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

ok so they are illegal...know of a place to get em? e-mail me if ya know Chazm1980@aol.com

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!</font color=blue> [​IMG]

7. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I'd like to know also, I took mine off my 72 truck when I painted it, and never did put it back on because I couldn't find the rivits, this is all for restoration purposes of course

Like em big and topless

8. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

E-mail me as well if you know, I hate tacky paint jobs and did the same thing.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<font color=red>My Wife:</font color=red>"Only two minor cosmetic problems: The inside and the outside!"

<hr></blockquote>
    1972 K5 502CB,465,203/205Doubler,14FF/D60

9. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

Ummm... also guilty and living in just such a state. I didn't really care when I drilled them out because I don't plan on ever selling the '71 but it would be nice to put the plate back in the right way.

I had to have a VIN inspection done on the old Willys a few years back and the local Sheriff gave me a hell of a time because the VIN plate was attached with sheet metal screws. He didn't want to hear the truth, which was of course that that's the way the factory installed them. He spent a good 20 min or so on the phone with the DMV before signing the affidavit.

10. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of someone reproducing the door sticker (rear edge LS door) which contains the VIN? I am changing the doors on the Jimmy and would lke to reinstall the blue sticker.
    Thanks
    JB

11. Crushergmc

Crushergmc 1/2 ton status

I've got the same problem. I know they are not illegal to sell in my state. Illegal or not, the guy before me did it. So now I have to fix it.

"KEEP IT DOWN"
    70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window