Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

rj....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by spongeidys, Jun 5, 2006.

1. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

your avatar wouldent happen to be the crazy gun that vash uses in trigun would it?

2. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

I will not speak for the man, but, as I remember that weapon is a 13 millimeter double action 5 shot revolver, I may have some of specs wrong,it's been a long while since I heard anything aboot it. go to www.unitseven.com thats RJ's little corner of the world, he'll tell you more. 'cept he's been a little out of sorts of late (all the boobin about and talk of love has got me thinkin the kid has lost it temporarly,) but then again who can tell. ask RJ he'll tell ya straight up.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It is modeled after it. I loved Trigun, if it was a bit campy at times.

Who cannot love the style of a top break?

Anyway, the way I have it set up now in the mythology is as a signature weapon, a kind of iconographic avatar (or is it avitar, Beater? HAHAHAHA)
    for the RJ character (The Real RJ's icon is a sleepy guy).

Anyway, the way I have it now, is that it's basically the Matiba revolver ideal, but with more style and obviously fantastic attributes.

I have some sketches somewhere......

Ahhh, here we go

[​IMG]

Anywho, you can see the lines are a bit different and blocky. I wanted to streamline it, but keep the contrasting lines. The grip is modeled after a Ruger GP100. (I may introduce two models of this weapon. I'll speak of that later)

I had at times though of an entire front pivoting automatic side ejection, but I couldnt fathom the mechanics behind it. Plus I have a tacky gimick I want to use with gunfights involving closing the top breaking action by slamming the thing into someones face.

Like the real Mateba and Vash's fictional piece, it fires from the bottom cylinder. I can't decide if I want it to be DA/SA or not. I think I'll do that because I have an idea of enclosing a small rifle bolt like device (similar to the M1 Carbine) directly behind the bottom cylinder in the rather overlarge rear frame of the gun to act as the hammer. I think I can work out some nonsense akin to the Mateba action with the cyclinder being froced back to recock when fired.

The shroud over the top of the low mounted barrell is meant to be hollow for things like lights, lasers, and if I want to be really tacky, something like a flare gun or some nonsense like that.

The latch to open the action will be... somewhere, I dunno, I'm thinking of having it integrate into the trigger gaurd with a flare like the Ruger No. 1's have. Anyway, it'll be spring loaded, unlike the Webley. I imagine with the barrel and accesory weight factored in with a strong spring, the actual force of it opening would be rediculous, but this is fiction. It'll have that nice strong cartridge puking ejector too for facy stuff.

Uhmmm... what else....

Oh yeah. Before I get to about book.... four in the series, when things trip the surreal wayyyyy more, I think I'm sticking with .454. If I finagle Clockwork (nonhuman character) into the cannon before then, it'll be chambered in a fictional .450 Graves. A magnum, of a magnum, of a magnum. (.450 Graves, .460 XVR, .454 Casull, .45 Colt)

I believe I actually worked out cylinder dimensions once.... 2.5" allowable length? I'll have to check my reloading data.

7" Barrel. I'm trying to imagine ports without screwing up the accesories in the top part of the gun, the faux frame part.

I'll probably go with a 6 round capacity, although numerology makes me really want to put in 7. Unfluted cylinder.

I don't know if it'll be moonclipable, or I'd even bother anyway, I doubt it. Who needs to be shooting .45 ACP or *ick* .45 GAP out of this thing?

This is the larger gun of the constant two gun combo the character carries. The shoulder holstered one is always the larger. It'll be swapped out for say, an 10" LAR, custom 7" 1911 or maybe a Thompson Center in 45-70 at times (Smith and Wesson .44 for a while in the first book is all he'll have). Bascially, this is the icon. The lesser gun is a Ruger P89 9mm (GASP!) threaded for a dry can, or various 1911 models. (WWII era 1911 in book one with the Smith)

ANYWAY

Yeah.

If I introduce another model, it will be the archaic relicy artifacty copper coloured demon gun. It'll look much like that sketch. Like my new favorite buddy Matthias said, 13mm, 5 round, utterly rediculous. I think I worked the cartridge out to be 13 x 70. which gives it a rather insane 2.8" length. I dunno. Rugger schooled me on the technical infeasablity of it a while ago, but I forgots. Plus it's like some sort of demon gun. Maybe it'll have a SPAZER BEAM! MAYBE IT'LL HAVE SPAZER+PLASMA! SUCK ON THAT SAMUS ARAN! Uh, yeah....

Oh yeah, the model number of this custom RJ and Clockwork built monstrosity?

Unit Seven Weapons Research Model VTS .454

Vash The Stampede!

I love homage, my books must have a thousand odd references each!

Anyway, thank you for the interest. I may draw up some more weapon sketches. I need to get going. I have a Bounty Hunters vector to do, but adding on some of this and that can't hurt. Hmmm, now that I think of it, I need to work on Cidd's S/A gunswords too (FFVIII, I steal a lot of ideas, eh?)

Thanks again.

PS - Matty, I'm flattered you remembered!

PPS - Found another depiction. I like the goofy colour scheme. I'll probably go all black with a redwood grip inlay and a crimson cylinder. Also... BOOBIES! WITH POKIES!

[​IMG]

Note: I abandoned this colouring job due to a very poor source sketch. The lightweight and rough paper translated the lines horribly. Maybe if I still has the working photoshop file I'll just vector the lines. You can see the slide/bolt idea for the firing pin on the revolver in this one. I am proud of the following coloring on this. Oni's shoes, Oni's half arm, Oni's Pants, Oni's Belt, and RJ's goggles.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  4. Resurrection_Joe

Caption for bottom pic:

RJ: Hi! I'm RJ! I have poor bone structure and monkeyarms, look how rediculously ****ing large this gun is!

ONI: Hi RJ! I'm Oni! I only have one arm, though the half one is colored pretty nifty! Look at these badass sneakers! Hey! My gun is rediculously dispraportionate too!

RJ: We have so much in common! Hey, I like your pokies!

ONI: Awww, how sweet. Say, are we tripping balls on mescaline is Arizona or what? The scenery is all melty!

RJ: Hmm, I dunno, maybe we're in a giant land of poorly made, obscurely flavored Neopolitan ice cream mountains. Also, my boots do not seem to have laces.

ONI: Oh yeah? Well these pants are cutting off the cirulation to my feet!

RJ: MY PANTS WERE DRAWN ON ME BY A 8 YEAR OLD!

ONI: I seem to have a monoboob

RJ: One arm One Boobed Pink An Yellow Haired Oni Baku!

ONI: I think the background is crawling up my legs, ick.

RJ: I HAVE NO MOUTH!

~ FIN

5. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

wow deffintly wasent expecting an answer liek that, but it was much appeciated and a intresting read ;D

6. Resurrection_Joe

Ha! Well, thanks for reading it. There's only a few people on CK5 interested in the work that is Unit Seven, but I appreciate them a whole lot.