Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

RJ's Theory On Giving

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Imagine if you would, a one hundred person group of people to represent the community, state, or country you live it.

Each person in this group has a varying degree of selfishness. Some think only of themselves, some are so giving they have abandoned self preservation.

Now imagine each was a selfish as he could be, violent and vicious. In this form, each is looking out for himself/herself. Each only has himself or herself to depend on and everyone else to blam.

Now Imagine an 80/20 split, the minority being the giving. The giving try and help and make everyone else happy, and in the face of the vicious mass, try, but keep to themselves for general peace keeping. They are hunted and torn down by the vicious.

Now imagine the 80/20 split reversed. The vicious are too few to make a difference, and the giving are happy and content

Now, at the very end, imagine all 100 people doing thier best to give. Maybe 50 are true saints, 30 are good people, 10 are stingy but there in the worst case, and 10 are the vicious with enough humanity to get by.

The vicious turn here, they get reformed or destroyed.

What I'm trying to say it

"If you are only for yourself and you spread that ideal, you will always only have yourself. If you are for everyone and you spread that ideal, you may or may not have the whole of yourself, but you have a lot of good friends looking out for you"

I carry this thought as I carry my pistols

"Good Will Is Reciprocal"

For The Salvation Of The World, I Give Myself As An Example And As A Friend

It isn't impossible, it isn't sappy, it isn't idealistic. It's easily attainable.

Just Be A Good Person, A Thousand Faceless Friends Tops A Single Known Enemy

2. Resurrection_Joe

Oh, and to buffer my high mindedness - "I'm also for the boobies" (for the good of the world you know)

3. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

Yeah BOOBIES!! :tongue1: :saweet: :bow:

good thoughts on the subject though...

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

All good thoughts, but Your still a Care Bear!!!!

5. Resurrection_Joe

Hey, I can't help it, I'm in Super Happy RJ Mode

Just wait until I flux back into dark depression, it's be great. I theorize the higher the good mood the lower the bad, so I may end up dead this time!