Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROAD CREWS SUCK BIG TIME!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Jul 18, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, they sure do!!! I drove the 85 K30 to anther town just away from home and there was a crew laying oil and gravel down on the roads. Since it was the only way to get into town, I drove (and many others) right over that freshly laid oil and gravel. We were following the pilot car too. I got home later and today washed the truck to find TAR all over the truck!!!!! [​IMG] I'm pissed!! There is tar all over the sides, some on the hood and roof, some on the Weld wheels, and just about everywhere in little specs!!! [​IMG]

Time to sue the county, huh?!?! [​IMG]

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Man, sounds like that tar completely ruined your truck. Not worth much anymore. You better go ahead and sell it to me before anything else happens to it. [​IMG]

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Ok, sold to Klunky for $10K!!! [​IMG]

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Oh, come on. Thats not nearly a good enough deal for you. You need something better than $10k. I've got it. You can take my '87 Monte Carlo daily driver and I'll get your truck. You'll love all the dents BTW.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Had the same happen to me a couple a weaks ago. They had trafic in one line, while they where doing the other. My truck was to wide and I got my driverside covered in tar......

I got it off with a new degreaser I found. I went to a store that sells stuff for farmers. Got me a gallon of "cold degreaser" It's used for tracktors and farm equipment I guess. Took a big piece of ragg and soaked it and went at it. It had also gotten my new 35" Bfg Muds pretty good, but the degreaser took care of it. When I was done I had to break out the turtle wax, because that stuff took the last polish jobb right off![​IMG]

I

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

6. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I thought you were gonna tell us you had a new job.
    LOL

Dave

If You Drink Don't Park, Accidents Cause People.

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

7. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

3M bug and tar remover, in a blue bottle, it's the shiznit.

-BuSH
    '83 K5 Blazer
    '98 Monte Carlo z34