Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Road Demon Carbs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jackedjimmy, Jun 18, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

Is anyone running a road demon carb on their GM. How do they do on steeps. The guy who did the machine work on my engine says to use one of these because they get decent fuel economy and good performance, but he is more of a race engine builder.

I know EFI it the way but it requires lots of money and a new wiring harness for my rig.

2. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

bringing it to the top!

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

The Demon series of carbs are based off a Holley design. So I would assume they would be plegged with the same problems as the Holley as far as tilting/hills" are concerned.

Other than that, I think those carbs ROCK. I have no first hand expiriance with them, but I know a few good drag racers who will swear by-them, and snooping around, they look like they are built solidly

The Road-Demon has a better Primarie Booster design, much like Holley's new Truck-Avenger carb, but I don't think the Road-Demon has the other mods built into it like the Truck-Avenger carb does.

BTW - A buddy of mine has just installed the Holley Truck-Avenger carb on his '72 Blazer (not a wheeler). It's a pretty trick carb. (No MJ I didn't pull the metering block out and take a look at the "anti-spill" thingy- but I sure wanted too!) I'll let ya all know how it does/works for him when I get the word.

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Your stock Quadrajet gets decent fuel mileage, good performance, and takes angles very well.