Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Road noise!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dallassnowman, Dec 26, 2003.

1. dallassnowman

dallassnowman 1/2 ton status

What can I use to get rid of the road noie in my Blazer under the carpet??
    Already replaced all door rubber.
    It needs to be price effective (low budget).
    And easily accesible. Also heat resistant. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. greyskull

greyskull Registered Member

First I would look at your tires that makes all the difference in the world. Next I would look to see if you have the right juke under the carpet and maybe double it in some areas. I have plans of line Xing the entire interior of the truck including the cab floor but that is not low budget. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 88 jimmychanga

88 jimmychanga Registered Member

Which Line-X dealer are you going to? I want to get my interior sprayed aswell but Rhino Lining is a total rape. They wanted to charge me almost $1600 plus I wouldn't have my truck for a week and I'd be in an import rental! I haven't called around for prices on Line-X, yet, so if you get some prices let me know.

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Do a search for "Brown Bread" It looks like good stuff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I am thinking of using it when I get that far with my truck.

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Are your rear wheel wells covered with carpet? If not, covering those with some sound deadening material will make a HUGE difference in the interior sound level. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. greyskull

greyskull Registered Member

88 jimmychanga
    I have a friend in Marshall TX that will do it for 400.00 with me pulling everything out first. He has his own customizing shop and does great work. 1600 is way out of line. Stomper thanks for the Brown Bread info I will look into that also.

8. dallassnowman

dallassnowman 1/2 ton status

I went to home depot last nite and bought some alum reflect stuff on a 25ft x 4ft roll. Gonna give that a try under my carpet. Thought about using tar paper for roofing but its all black.....not good for summer!!

9. I put brown bread from front to rear,except for the doors and roof in my Suburban last August. It was money well spent. I herculined it before I did that too. I can tell a major difference at highway speeds, I cant even hear my exhaust.
    Pics after install are here: my sub

Mat

10. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member