Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

road rage wreck-kinda long and crazy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SHAWNSTER, Mar 8, 2006.

1. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

yesterday at 1:45 pm here in Dallas, TX
    my wife was on her way home off the tollway down 635 and Abrams rd on the HOV lane A lady cut off some guy back at 635 and Marsh lane and he tried to run her off the road, run her into the walls on the hov and right at Abrams where the HOV lane ends he sped up about 10 car lenghts and backed up in the middle of the highway hitting the lady he was chasing, therefore a pregnant lady and her husband hit the lady being chased, and my wife hit tthe pregnant lady's truck- f*cked up our VW bad-the whole front end is smashed up-my wife calls me right b4 it happened and said something was going on in the hov lane so i come hauling ass down( iwork across the highway) and at this point i have no idea whats going on other than my wife rearending someone- when i get there I am getting info and the cop comes up and tells us the story of ATTEMPTED MURDER W/ A VEHICLE AND ROAD RAGE- I was like whoa-they walked over and arrested his ass--this guy was nuts-he was talking to himself w/ voices-the cops told us he mentioned he will get a copy of the police report and come after everyonee involved-haha
    i walked up to him and said i will be waiting if he comes-the cops deem it his fault and now we have to battle out w/ his insurance-they says he had liabilty and w/ 3 additional cars involved we might have to get an attorney-
    so my wife and daughter have to go today and get checked out and look for a rent a car- and now we dont have a car for a few days

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Wife is ok though, Right?

Hope so

3. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

Hope eveyone is okay. Road rage seems to be getting worse and worse all the time. At least the dude has insurance.

4. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

Beat his ass

5. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

i couldnt kick ass-there were about 15 cops there-although me and one ladies husband had talked about it- maybe if i was 1st on the scene it could have happened-but i was more worried about daughter and wife(daughter was sleeping in her carseat) and woke up screaming per the wife-if that f*cker shows up at my house like he has stated thats another story

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I thought the guy pulling a gun on me was bad. Hope everyone is ok.

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

This is my road rage prevention and protection kit.

Glad your family is OK.

[​IMG]

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No one even attempts that kind of sh!t on me when I am driving my 1-ton Crew Cab, but if I hop into my wife’s Hyundai, all hell breaks loose, and every tough guy or women on her menstrual period is after me. It makes a big difference what vehicle you are driving. People stereotype you by the vehicle you drive, and use this stereotyping to figure out what they think they can get away with. When I am in my Crew Cab with 6" of lift, they stereotype me as a red-neck with a shot gun, but if I am in my wife's little rice burner, then they stereotype me as a metrosexual listening to Yoni.

9. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

10. fasthumpman

fasthumpman Registered Member

sh!!t always happens when your not in your trusty ol truck! everytime im with my girl and im not drivin som1 always seems to ride my a$$ or do somthin. glad everyone was ok though and sorry you didnt get to open a can of woop ass.

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Sounds like you need a confederate flag sticker somewhere on the back of that ricer:D .

Yeah I get that in my blazer to...tailgated, at night ive had brights flashed at me when i wasnt "going fast enough"...I was doing 60 thats 5 over apparently not fast enough though. Thats what I do miss about drivin the old truck alot. People get on your ass I could just lay the pedal for the floorboards and watch the black cloud of smoking engulf their vehicle:D .
    Course with the gunracks in the back window and the 6 foot CB whip antenna...not to many people tailgated.

12. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

These are all great stories! Keep em coming! I am doing a research project on road rage for my commincations class right now. I'm taking notes!

13. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

People can call me what they want but they normally move out of my way at all costs when they see my K5 coming. I hate getting in a small car tho, it;s like everyone is aiming at me.

14. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yup---size matters....

First off,I hope your wife was not injured!..Accidents suck,I see at least one bad one every day here,living right off a busy highway, with dozens of places for cars to pull in and out of,with 90 degree curb cuts..we have a Wal-Mart,Lowes,and 12 new car dealerships within 1/4 mile of my house..some days the sirens are heard every 15 minutes or so here..:mad:

I don't usually have too many "boners" pulled on me when I'm driving my full sized C-10 or K20(especially when the PLOW is on it!--funny how folks suddenly behave when they see that coming at them!:D )...but get in my Ford Contour,or my moms Caravan,and its "open season" for tailgating,"pushing" me down the road,or cutting in front of me!..its like they KNOW which vehicle I care most about,or isn't mine!..and they think they can get away with it if your in a smaller vehicle!..

I have a road rage incident nearly every day here..people are just plain stupid,or they feel they own the road,it came with the cell phone subscription,right??..they pay little or NO attention to driving,but are obcessed with the phone,radio,gps,stuffing their faces,or applying makeup-and anything else but driving the car..:mad: ..If I were a cop,I could empty a complete citation book in about an hour around here!..

One day not long ago I was followed at a VERY close distance for 3 miles on the road that leads to my street..I was going 5-10 over the limit,something I don't usually do,so maybe the moron would back off some..nope,they get even closer,until I cant even see the headlights..I didn't dare go faster,because one time I did in a similar incident,and as soon as I sped up,I learned it was a COP car behind me!:doah: ..I wasn't about to be "pushed" into another speed warning or ticket!..

So I finally get to the stop sign at the roads end,where it intersects with mine..its dark,,about 11PM..the car behind me honks!..I hear a voice yelling "get that peice of S*** out of my way!!!...I got pissed,and sat there another 20 seconds or so..the horn blares again..WTF!!! I hear them scream,at the top of their lungs..I stay put..

Finally,a punky looking kid about 18 gets out of the car..an older honda,with a wing on the back..I hear a bass subwoofer pounding like a cannon behind me..must be "puff daddy" coming to get me..the kid swaggers up to my truck,and starts yelling at me..he's about 5'7" tall,and about 120 lbs!..looks like a crack dealer,with tatoos all over,and evidently thought he was quite a badass...:rolleyes: ..

I grabbed a snowbrush (closest handy item in the truck nearby),and I got out of my truck slowly...his eyes grew as big as saucers when he saw I was 6'5' tall and weighed 170 lbs..I'm no athlete or wrestler,but I guess my size intimidated him..he reaches for his pocket,and I thought he'd pull a gun out,so I raised the snowbrush and said "I have NO quarrel with YOU!!--what the F is YOUR problem anyway??--isn't 40 mph in a 30 mph zone FAST enough for you?? whats your HURRY ???...

The kid looks at me,gulps,and says..I see your truck has a "for sale" sign on it--how much are you asking for it???....I said "I'm asking a thousand bucks...but if YOU want it,the price is fifteen hundred!!..he says "ok" in a meek voice,and goes back to his car..I think his female passenger wasn't impressed with his macho behavior now!..I know dam well he had NO interest in buying my truck...he was just being a dick head..typical drive in my area,happens nearly every day..

I was about 1/4 mile from my house when this occurred..I get back in my truck,start for my house..and at the very next intersection,a moron in an SUV who was waiting at the intersection for me to go by,decides after sitting there for 10 seconds,its now time to pull in front of me,now that I'm only about 100 feet away instead of 1000 when they first saw me and stopped..
    SCREEECHHH!!..missed them by inches!..and the lady gives ME the finger!..then resumes with her phone conversation..:doah:

People here are retarted,I swear....:mad: :crazy:

15. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

In 1977, I inally came back from overseas. With the help of my folks I bought a nice 3 year old Dodge truck. Leave is almost over, so I head west from KC to Camp Pendleton. The drive is uneventful till I get to Riverside. I'm driving down this divided 4 lane highway, when a low rider starts riding my butt. I move to the right hand lane to let him pass. A little while later, the traffic in my lane is passing him, so I pull back into the passing lane in front of him. Her comes the low rider riding my butt again! I move over to the right hand lane to let him pass AGAIN. This time, the fool gets beside me, and starts swerving towards me and my new truck. After dodging and hitting the brakes numerous times, I'm pissed. The next time he comes my way, I roll down the window and stick my arm as far out as I can reach. In my fist is a Ruger .44 Blackhawk with an 8" barrel. Therre are three guys in the front seat of the Impala low rider. The guy sitting closest to me sees the gun and ducks. The guy in the middle looks over to see whats going on. He ducks. Then the driver finally looks over. Scream of brakes, rubber smoke, and the low rider is in the grass median between the lanes. First and last time I ever pulled a gun while driving.

16. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

I saw a great bumper sticker the other day. "This truck has been in 5 wrecks and hasn't lost one yet!" Might slow them down. I also got one for the K5 that says "Look out for the idiot behind me", on my rear bumper this is right at eye leval to some one in a smaller car. I think that gets the point across!

17. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My funniest road rage story would be one night about 9:00 PM, I was driving down the road, and it was raining. I needed to move over into the right lane, in order to make a right turn, which was coming up in about another ¼ mile down the road. I looked into my mirror and saw nothing, thus assuming it was clear. So, I made my lane change, and suddenly I hear screaming brakes, but still did not see anything. All of a sudden this primer black, beat up, piece of crap SAAB pulls up next to me on my left with no lights on. This little punk kid starts screaming at me that I cut him off, and to pull over because he was going to kick my ass. I screamed back at him that he did not have his lights on. The kid then looks down at his dashboard, and realizes I am right…his lights are not on. I laughed my ass off, as I could see the sheepish look on his face as he turned his lights on. He then stepped on the throttle, and somehow got that wobbling, oil burning, marvel of Bavarian Engineering, piece of crap going down the road at about 100 MPH in the rain. :haha:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  18. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

Consider yourself fortunate.

A couple months ago I was in my dads truck ('89 V3500, crew cab LWB, basically stock but with a 5th wheel hitch/brake controller/class V bumper). My GF was riding shotgun and I was pulling a 16' bobcat trailer with the hulk of a rusted out '73 Nova on it. I had to stop back home after stopping at a friends house to pickup some equipment, since this truck/trailer combo will DEFINITELY not make a U-turn on 2 lane blacktop, I pull onto the shoulder (facing east), grab what I need out of the barn and pull into my neighbors driveway on the other side of the road from the eastbound lane. I look both ways (no cars coming from either direction), get almost backed out and some guy in a toyota camry or corolla pulls up behind me (he turned onto the street from a blind side street)

Now, this was in the middle of the day and the section of street I was on has dotted lines in both directions, so this guy *should* have passed me.

So I get almost completely backed out, this guy is literally a foot off my ass and honking his horn at me, so I start going forward and the guy is still riding my ass, honking. I must admit, my dads truck is damn slow and having 180 rounds on the motor doesn't help, pulling a trailer I'd estimate my 0-60 time is probably a matter of minutes. This guy starts passing me and I'm fine with that, up until I realize that he's staying at my passenger door, yelling at me, so I slow down a bit and wave him forward...guy continues screaming (windows up, not such a bright bulb) and flicking me off. Then he starts weaving side-to-side like he's gonna run me off the road, I look at him and shake my head, nope, not gonna happen. Not only am I a beligerant ass, but he's in a car that maybe weights a ton and a half (tops), while I'm driving a truck/trailer/load that weights at least 8. Then this dickhead decides to cut in front of me and lock up his brakes, I swerve to shoulder and go around and I'm glad he didn't follow me cause frankly I'm scared of headcases that bad with napoleon complexes. I really wish I had a phone then cause I wanted to call the cops on this moron.

Cliffs:
    1) was towing trailer with load with 1 ton crew LWB
    2) napoleon complex with camry tried to run me off road, failed miserably
    3) people that stupid are dangerous

19. Bushido

Bushido Registered Member

Respect

Isn't it funny how I get more respect driving my lifted Chevy than my wifes import?Maybe it's the sticker on the back that says "Smile as you go under".

20. wildmouse216

wildmouse216 1/2 ton status

After cutting me off and giving me the finger a guy followed me into a parking lot. I got out of my car and he rolled down his window and started screaming and cussing at me. I told him to knock it off and he acted like he was going to get out of his car. He was about 5'6" I am 6'2" and 245. I told him that he did not want to get out of his car nor did he want to mess with me. He took another look at me :eek1: and rolled up his window and drove away. I think that they just don't think it is the real world when they are in their car. Or their brains turn off when they accelerate. My dad always says that the only problem with that car is the loose nut behind the wheel!:D By the way my work truck weighs 8450 so people don't mess with me. I was in my moms car when this happened.