Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Road Rage?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 77crewcab, Mar 10, 2006.

1. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

Just curious how many have had to deal with road rage directed towards you. I here stories all the time of how crazy people act and have even seen some things happening but never directed towards me. Maybe it is the gun rack with a 12ga and Mini 14 :D Just wondering how ya'll deal with it.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

not that I can remember.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I've had a few people get pissed at me for some reason... I can only think of one time where I really did screw up, the rest of them I was left wondering what I did to them :confused:

There are only two that stick out in my mind... Some guy in a Ford Festiva, I was following him in my Explorer going down the road... All of a sudden he starts shaking his fist in the mirror and swerving all over the place... He whips his car over, almost off the road, and shouts and shakes his fist as I drive by.....

The other I remember off hand happened when I was still learning to drive... I made a right hand turn, and this white truck sped up, flew in front of me, and started going all slow, swerving around, messing with the turn signals... I tried to go around and he sped up and what not... Followed me all the way home and dad told me to go in the house... Whatever happened next, I don't know :bow: but hopefully it involved blood...

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've had roadrage directed at me when I drove my camaro. One guy tapped me at a light, and when I got out and walked back to his car he showed a pistol in his lap and said something like "whatcha gonna do, ese?" "um, drive away...have a nice night..."
    Another time, I passed a guy on the parkway, and for a mile or two he got close enough to my bumper that he was almost pushing me. I tapped the brake and he backed off a hair, so I braked almost to a complete stop and he clearly wasn't expecting that. So when I got moving again, he cut me off and slammed on his brake. I was young, dumb, and a tough guy, but I didn't want to mess around with this guy, so I went around him and outran him.

Only in my Camaro, and in slightly wilder pre-serious-responsibility days. Not sure if there's a true link... Edit: actually, that's not true. Once on the way into my train station, I must have somehow cut a woman off when I turned onto the main road before entering the station parking lot. She tailgated me through the parking lot (and I usually go pretty fast through the lot), then when I found a space (a process that takes some time and when you find one you need to take it quick), I stopped to back in to it, and she raced up to block me from backing up, then when I moved again, weaseled into the spot. She new how to screw me over, cause I missed the last train for liek an hour because of that. Kinda dumb of her to do that and then leave her car there all day where I could have vandalized it if I were that bothered...
    Nothing like that ever happened in the K5's. People never even tailgated me in them...

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I ran a yuppie off the road on I-77 a while back cause he tried to merge into the side of my truck while not looking and talking on his cell phone and sipping his latte. He caught up and tailgated me for a little while, but since I had just started a 9 hour drive, his exit eventually came before mine.

Yukon > Jetta

Then there was the guy that tried to follow me to my house, luckily two of my friends were riding with me. The guy drove off when he saw there were 3 of us and one of him. I'm still not sure what I did to him.

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I have got into atleast 4 situations where I got into fights from road rage. I punched two guys twice through there windows, back and forth mouthing off, I gave the first and only punches thrown. I leaned into a guys window that I cornered with my truck and open hand slapped him hard square in the face, he thought I was going to kill him I think. his fault, he got what he deserved and he was way bigger then me so it was not unfair. he did a real stupid move then flipped me off like it was my fault.

I got into it with two guys once, the driver hit me with a steering wheel lock, cought me right on the hip bone. I ripped it right out of his hands. he and his buddy ran like hell. I think cause I was able to disarm him so quick it scared the both of them. I chased them but did not catch them, I did go back to there car they left sitting in the middle of the street and beat on it a bit before I bailed. had a huge black and blue bruise from that one.

thats about it as far as road rage goes. fights, plenty, I have beat two different people with base ball bats, I know I broke one dudes knee, I have stabbed some one once. that I have felt alot of guilt over over the years. I dont think they were life threatening injuries but I know I maimed him for life. I was allmost killed cause I got stabbed once, that was karma for sure. many fist fights. dont do that stuff anymore, wised up. when I got stabbed they told my mom I had a 50, 50 chance of making it through the night.

I got into a fight to defend a guy I did not even know once at a rock festival. this dude was sucker punched by one guy while he was in the face of that dudes buddy. they were face to face ready to squab then smash he went down from the sucker punch. then both started to beat on him. the only person that came to his aid was his girl friend. she hit one of the guys so he stood up, I thought he was going to hit her so from the crowd I step through and grab him by the shirt and just start throwing hockey punches.
    I connected a good 10 to 12 times before we both tripped over a curb. then his buddy hit me while we were on the ground. the dude I was defending did not even help me. the cops grabbed us and broke it up. they let me go. witnesses said I helped the dude.

my mom has been through alot cause of me growing up. Ive mellowed alot as I have got older.

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i had some asshat blow by my house doing 60 in a 30. i was at the end of the driveway putting the garbage out so i yelled at him to slow down.. so he locks em up and backs up and pulls a gun on me.. black guy in a caddy..

best rage i ever had was the jerk who totally cut me off on the highway doing like 70. caught up to him and dumped a 20 oz dunkin donuts on his windshield.. light and sweet!!!! :haha: he almost wiped out, had it coming tho...

i used to be real bad, i would chase assholes down.. but i haven't done it in ages.. definitely have mellowed... now i just chuckle....

8. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I lived in AZ for six years ten times the traffic in Utah and had no problems move to Utah and like the first week I'm back, I had three. I had some kid follow me real close on the freeway pull in front of me slow down, I drive race cars so 75 miles an hour six inches off a guys bumper is no big deal, I thought about pitting him but my civic was a little small. So I pulled up next to him after a few moments of this crap pulled out my wallet and showed him my badge and would you know it I didn't see him much after that. The thing that bother me was that I let him upset me and I really almost ran him off the road.

9. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had an incident yesterday.

I was sitting at a red light in the left turn lane, when this guy decides, too late, he needs to make a left turn. So, he brings his car to a sideways/dead stop across the #1 lane, with the nose of his car literally parked under my front bumpber and in front of my right front tire, in an attempt to block me from going, so he can get into the left turn lane in front of me. He sits there completly blocking the #1 (and part of the #2 lane) lane for about 2-minutes, while people are trying to get through their green light screaming at him and flipping him off. This guy sits there screaming and flipping everybody right back. When the the light finally turned green for me, I said F*CK this guy, and stepped on the gas. I shoved his gay liitle rice burner right out of the way, with my right front tire. I could see him in my rearview mirror get out of his car screaming like a little girl "you hit me...you hit me!" "I am calling the Police".

I made my left turn and pulled into a gas station on the corner. He came over, and said he was calling the police because I tried to kill him. Right away I could tell he was gay because he was so feminine. I told him he was a dumb ass, and to go ahead and call the Police. He eventually gave-up and left because he knew when the Police heard his story, he might get a ticket for unsafe lane change. I do not know why people just can't keep going down the road, and make a U-turn, when they miss their turn, instead of sitting there and blocking a lane.

10. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I had a dirtbag from the end of the street (deadend) rip by the house 4 f'n times (running drugs?) doing at least 60 mph . Our street is narrow and 20mph is the speed limit . I hoped into the crewcab w/the pistol and waited for him to come by again and sure as $hit as soon as he went by I was on his ass and I followed him to the end of the street and cut him off and cornered him . I told him that if I saw him hall ass on my street again I would trash can his little ricer with my crewcab and if needed bust some lead in his a$$ and maybe go down and torch the dump he lived in (section 8 duplex) . He slowed his butt way down and moved out 2 week's later after I had word's with the slum lord that owns the dump . I had a few issues in the past when I rode sportbikes but I had a fast bike and would just leave them in the dust . I have a good photo graphic memory and can remember plates so I would have a friend run them and I would pay a personal visit if I feel it was warrented . You never know what the other person if capable off so you should not get out of your car and confront someone . I did have a big black guy who used to visit the dump at the end of the street and speed all the time so I got him on vidio and he stop his car and came stoping up my drive way acting like the big angry black man until he saw I was stapped . I told him I had proof of his a$$ speeding and will call the sheriff . he said he was sorry and he would'nt do it again . I called anyway and turns out he was suspended and the car was stolen :haha: . He went to jail and they used the tape in court . It don't pay to fk around on my street :D

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

road rage capital here!..

I think road rage was invented here,and it migrated all over the country!..I have a hard time going any place here without having a "close call" due to some boob more interested in talking on their cell phone than driving,or a hundred other things..I think a lot of people drive stoned here ,and drunk too,even during daylight hours..I hate driving around here,especially if I'm not in my own vehicles..I seem to be a magnet for morons in that instance!..

Everyone here drives like THEY own the road,are beliggerant,and agressive..they act like its a drag race from stoplight to stoplight,and if they want to make a turn,it matters not if they are in the wrong lane..as long as there is six inches clearance,they'll swerve right over, and cut right in front of you,without signalling ,or any regard for the safety of those riding behind them...

Many of the cars are modified to be as annoying as the drivers are..booming stereos,those high intensity headlights and driving/fog lights,and a raspy fart can muffler on all the rice burners..its like they want to piss off as many peace and quiet loving people they can while riding around aimlessly..

Today was a togh day traffic wise here..it was 60+ degrees and sunny,the first taste of spring!...every one who owned a Harley or other bike, was out riding,a lot of muscle cars came out for the first time in monts(not a good day to head to the car wash,they all were jammed all day!)..and it must have been "make as much noise as possible" day here too..between the Harleys,traffic,kids screaming,dogs barking,even some moron with a leaf blower going at 7 am, I had to leave,just to keep my sanity!..:screwy:

12. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

with my 357 at the hidden ready

Ive seen stuff go to ca ca too many times as a copper...I dont screw with people... but neither do I take ANY chances when someone is acting out or weird...

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You mean you just don't wave your gun out the window letting everyone know how cool you are Cam? At the hidden ready, I like that...;)

14. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I beeped my horn at a guy who was about to back into me in a parking lot.. he got out of his car and started cussing me out.. I told him I wasn't calling him an ass****, I just wanted him to stop his god**mn car.. he stood there for a minute, said he was sorry, and drove off.

My anger management classes are working wonders.. :D

Tom

15. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i have mellowed over the years, but lets just say ive had guns pointed at me..etc

ive never gotten into it due to my negligence, but some people just cant handle daily life.

i never get messed with in the K5 tho, they see the NRA sticker, the CIB decal and the HK sticker and they seem to know better, also the drop hitch aimed at their radiator seems to keep the tailgaters at bay.

i also am packing 99% of the time, but road rage isnt a good enough reason for a murder charge, not to mention that im gonna be looking for a LEO position within the next 2 years.

16. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

With my big old Crew Cab, it is mostly people getting mad at me, and not me at them. I see people coming up from behind me in my mirrors driving like maniacs...whipping from one lane to another, with only inches to spare between cars. When they eventually catch up to my truck, they look at my truck wanting to try and push and bully me around in it, but they can't, and it pisses them off.

I have had a couple of minor accidents with these type of people, when I would not budge for them. Every time they try to use the twisted reasoning that even though it was their fault, I could have stopped. Most of the time they threaten to sue me, and when I say "OK" lets call a police officer to take a report, they always back down and so "no" because they know what is going to happen.

17. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

every traffic stop I can recall I had my 2 inch pointed at the citizen while it was in my pocket...
    no beefs pointing a l frame at citizens (which I got anyway) but Im still at the hidden ready

I do my best to drive away from any knucklehead being stupid... use the cell phone... only as a last resort stop and then only if action has been taken against me
    Im not out to play.. if it comes time to use force there isnt going to be hand to hand Im pepper spraying then going to use a firearm...

my life AND my house are on the line... I remember this in all dealings with others
    I dont ever want to wear handcuffs because I lost it and used unecessary force on someone and not have department insurance to back me up..

anyone that would take on another person today during road rage is stupid and a fool... its not worth it...
    if i got puched thru my window theres a very good chance someone would get shot during the enusing struggle...
    people have nothing holding them back anymore... no mores.. no good values instilled by good parents... its a dangerous world out there