Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROAD TRIP....anybody need any body parts??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Jul 18, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Well I will be taking a road trip to Iowa! [​IMG]. I am delivering a burb to a guy there. We (me and my cousin) will be leaving the 1st of August, and returning sometime, hopefully on 5th. Sorry to say we wont be in my Blazer, but in a Furd Expedition. We figured his Expedition would do a little better, especially on mileage towing a car trailer with '73 burb on it! So its not going to be anything like good ol' Rene and tRusty, bless his soul [​IMG] (soon anyways! tRusty I mean), but it should be fun anyways. I am taking a new front clip to the guy that bought it. New hood, fenders, and inners. I get a pretty descent deal on the parts from a local guy if I go through a friends shop. It is aftermarket, no GM, and I would guess the stuff has to be descent since their main customers are body shops. So I was just wondering if anybody along my way is interested in me getting them any parts and meeting you somewhere on my route and save you on shipping costs from somewhere else. Just a thought. I'll be leaving from Santa Paula (ventura county) andOnce out of California, I'll be on 15N, to 70E to76E to 80 E to 235 E and to the 380 N. I can narrow it down a little more if anyone is interested. Anyways just remember......NO POSTING WHILE IM GONE!! please?? I dont want to have to go through a gazillion posts when I get back.................unless I hae to [​IMG]. Anyways let me know, and I dont want any crap about the Furd, I feel bad enough as it is!

2. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

could you pick up a front end for me?

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Looking for a GOOD tailgate and a s#!ty hard top. 91 K5 blazer. Looking for a place to crash in the KC area? if you get to the KC area

4. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Which part of the state are you going to? I am located half way between Des Moines and Iowa City. Nothing going on here, but close enough to places where stuff is happening. (Usually) If you need anything, let me know.

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

going to Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

big blue - Where is the fender you are wanting? Send me a pm and we can discuss it.
    Wakeboard- I dont plan on going into Mizzery, but if you find something you want me to pick up and maybe you can meet me in Iowa, let me know. I wont have enough room for a top, but the tailgate I could swing. If you find anything shoot me a pm

7. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I KNEW someone would, just suprised it took this long!

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Mychal, if you are taking I-70, why not stop by and see me? I live 8 miles south of I-70, very easy directions to my place. Even Rene found my place!! [​IMG] Let me know.

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

10. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

When I was looking at the map of the good ol' U S of A, I noticed I was going to be close to your state and thought hmmmmmm, wonder how far Westy is from there! I'll check to see exactly when we will be around there and maybe I'll pay you a little visit! Then I could see all of your cool "toys" and the "little one" too [​IMG]! Do you know how close you are off I-70 to the I-76E exit#269B (whats up with the numbered exits?). Is that before or after you?

11. thatK30guy

I don't know what the exit no.s are around here. I don't go up to interstate that much. I'm also not familiar with I-76. Where is that?

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

12. thatK30guy

Ok, I checked the road atlas. I-76 is in Colorado going into Nebraska. If you skip this path and just take I-70 all the way to me, you can take another path to get back on to I-80 from Ellsworth (my town). Very simple. If you stop by, I will stock you up with goodies to eat and drink along the way, just like I did to Rene on his 'infamous' trip.