Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Road trip.. August 23-26th.. Amarillo/Lubbock area.. who want's to meet?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Aug 8, 2002.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Road trip.. August 23-26th.. Amarillo/Lubbock area.. who want\'s to meet?

Well.. My wife and I are towing my 78 Pickup up to Amarillo and trading my pickup for a 83 Blazer 6.2 liter diesel.. We're staying in Amarillo on the 23rd with my wife's Brother..
    Just curious to see if anyone is near there that could meet for a little bit.. And maybe meet us along the way...
    Hope to meet some fellow Ck5er's.. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Re: Road trip.. August 22-23-24th.. Amarillo/Lubbock area.. who want\'s to meet?

HELL YEA, I"m in lubbock bud, come on down; far as I know I'm the only one out here.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Re: Road trip.. August 22-23-24th.. Amarillo/Lubbock area.. who want\'s to meet?

Hey Roco,

Are you going thourgh Abilene on your way to Amarillo? If so, let me know. Like to show you the new 383. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

We'll plot out our route this week.. we're busy getting ready..
    Fred.. hope to see you and your son again.. and Lkjr.. we'll need a number 2 reach you at.. once we get up there.. not sure our cellphone's will work in that area..

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

To the top... want's to meet some of ya'll.. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Nope, not alone anymore LKJR. I'm moving out there on the 19th, going to Texas Tech this year. Would like to try and meet Rocko though.

7. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> SWEET! </font color> finally someone else to hang out with besides all these morons that live out here

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I try to get a group together to do canadian river in amarillo once or twice a year. But it's looking like i may be moving out there in december too. You'll hafta run with us the next time!

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

So do you go to Tech or just live in Lubbock? Didn't you use to live in Plano or Richardson? For some reason I seem to remember that...

10. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

I'm in Borger, TX but I go to Amarillo a lot. I'll see what I got going that weekend.

11. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

LKJR is a Sherman boy, but we boooted him out for drivin' a "too stock, old lady" Blazer...sorry.... Jimmy! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Come thru Dallas Charles and Bryan and I'll hook up with yall...it's sorta on the way!!!

12. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/mad.gif lol, .......I'm lost for words mike don't know what to say /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

13. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I'll drive from Nebraska just for the heck of it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Re: Road trip.. August 23-26th.. Amarillo/Lubbock area.. who wants to meet?

Well here are our intentions. We plan on being in the Abilene area about 11:30 on Friday to meet up with Derf00... hope that's okay Fred. From there we are going to Lubbock for the rest of the day and staying with Pam's dad. On Saturday morning we will continue the drive to Amarillo for the trade and plan on staying there until Monday morning so we have some time to see her family and old hometown.

LKJR and 90K5... PM your phone numbers so I can call you when we are in Lubbock. RiceDaddy let me know if you will be in the area.

Swanson52... are you sure you want to drive all that way just for the heck of it? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Well...unless I can maybe pick something up while I am in the area. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I sent you a PM, too. We plan on leaving on friday and making it most of the way (hopefully), so we can get the trade taken care of on saturday (sounds like what you had in mind, too).

16. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Derf...
    AKA Fred..
    Call our cell phone number's ... we are passing through Abilene this afternoon..
    My cell: 512-565-0438
    Pam's cell 512-750-2165

And anyone else that would like to call.. we're planning on being in Amarillo tonight... early evening.