Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROAD TRIP!!! just got back!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by darkshadow, Nov 20, 2006.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Well I am back from my cross afewstates road trip (not quite cross country)

and am back with my new 1989 ebay suburban!, and my 6.2l turbo diesel I bought from CK5er offroader81.

I would love to offer pics, but since I was put new batteries in my cam I was obliged to forget the card in the card reader:doah::doah::doah:

Didn’t do too bad, truck got close to 14MPG and drove with out a problem all the way home, besides it being sluggish on the down shift.can't complain for $615!

left Saturday afternoon, and we (I) drove strait to Barnhart, just south of st Louis, then slept and I use that word loosely in the truck me across the front seat and Scott across the back seat behind the gas station in his Cummins ram.

I maybe got 2 hours MAX spread out in 3 minute intervals.

Got up meat up with the seller nice guy, and drove the trucks to Chillicothe, IL.

And thru the diesel on to Scott’s dodge, then drove right to Detroit MI and crashed at my aunt-in-law's house till 8 am we were both wiped and slept well on a REAL couch!!

Then this morning drove to cabela's and tried not to blow the bank! Did OK, drove home and tried to get the 6.2 off his truck with difficulty.

All in all not too bad, home not beer and a half in and man am I feeling it! Going to be need to work in the morning to help pay this little adventure off!

DAVE

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

my eyes, MY EYES!!!!

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Must have been crowded with both of you sleeping on the couch. Were you the spoonie or the spooner[​IMG]:haha::haha:

Glad you had a good trip:D

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

How were the boys at Customs? Did you have all ther paperwork you needed?

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

EASY NOW

how dare you insinuate such things aboot me..

I am ALWAYS the spooner, never the spoonie!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man it was nothing!

all i needed was to fax the title don't need any extra paper work, gave it to the US guy he says NOTHING to me just looks at the computer, copys the title and stamps it says HERE. and i was done.

the hot chick border gaurd was nice, 2 min of paper work, pay the AC fee, and was on my way.

i for got to get a bill of sale, but they were fine with the price writen on the back of the title.

all good! :D