Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ROAD TRIP...Movin to Flagstaff,Az.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BobK, Feb 26, 2005.

1. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    My job is taking the wife and I from Santa Barbara,Ca to Flagstaff,Az.

We'll be leaving Monday,Feb.28th.
    So if you see a yellow 1st gen towing a small U-Haul trailer (being followed by burgandy Grand Cherokee,the wife's car)on either the Hwy101,I-10,I-15 or the I-40 give us a honk or wave.

If I'm pulled over on the side of the road I've prob. broken down.:grin:

Anyhow like I mentioned I'll be taking Hwy 101 south to L.A.,to I-10 East,North on I-15 then head to the Ca./Az. border via I-40.

Things should go o.k. but you never know.

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

glad to have you in AZ

Flagstaff is an awesome town! Most people are college educated and if you can get a good job, it's a town you will fall in love with. Zero pollution (the wind blows it right out) and the scenery is awe inspiring. Oh, and if you snowboard, there is a lot of snow this year.

I went to college at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff. Their is a cool offroad park called Cinder Hills that is just outside of town. I would love to come up and meet you and go wheeling etc. I have a really good friend that is a heavy equipment mechanic up there. Perhaps i can introduce you to him. He is a chevy guy through and through.:D

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

When you get settled in , take a trip or two south once in awhile , we'd love to have you in the PHX area for wheelin' . Welcome to AZ :D

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

wheelin? lol have you seen his rig? he's more afraid of body damage than rjf..., lol pretty boy:grin:

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I know of a couple spots you won't even scratch it at . I originally used my truck to get to fish before I got brain warped , nice easy spots to wheel in , but definitely not mall crawling :D

6. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Haha...Branndon is a funny F#ck!:D

You should have seen me at BlazerFest last year.Came pretty close to bashing in my new rockers a couple times.

No...Branndons right....I'm a pussy:grin:

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You'll love Flagstaff. I used to spend a lot of time there when I was a kid and fell in love with the place. Outside of the freaking hippies, it's a great place. Not only that, the whole Northern Arizona is great. I've been all over that area, lots of history also.

I don't go there much anymore since all my ties have either left or died...... :(

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

hahaha.. yah bob has a cherry first gen that he's been restoring.. last year at blazerfest i saw him drive up the ledge at the rock quarry. :crazy: I was like "ummm bob, your crazy dude, you know your gonna bash your rockers.."
    "oh its alright i reinforced it with some angle iron that you can't see.."
    LOL.. he came like an inch from having some nice rockrash on his rockers. :pimp:
    ..Had it smashed his rocker.... His K/5 would probably now have rocksliders, half doors, & be boatsided and tapered. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good luck with the move dude!
    We gonna see you for blazerfest in July???

9. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Ryan,I'll try and make it.Not sure yet though.

10. FWP

FWP CRS

Cool, another AZ CK5 dude. Welcome to Northern AZ!

11. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Bob,

Congradulations on your move! When I first was looking around here, I thought of living in Flag, but ened up in Phoenix.... Flag is a great town. The weather up there is great, you will love it.

You will have to make a tip to the valley, and you can ride with me, you can have that warm fuzzy feeling by wheeling in a first gen, without worring about body damage, I will have enough for both of us! :D

Congradulations on the move, who are you going to work for? What do you do?

Rob

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

congrats on getting to go to AZ, you are luckyh, i hope to do same some day finally... somehow..

good luck

13. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Had a few apartment/duplex projects in Flag that I supervised the doors and trim for my previous employer. Flag is a cool town. Head out a little further East to another town up in the pines and you will find me in Show Low. :cool1:

14. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Thanks gents.
    The wife and I are both RN's.We do a thing called travel nursing.3 month at a time contracts but with the option of extending that contract at the end of that 3 months.

We've been in Santa Barbara,Ca. for 5 years though :yikes:.

Anyhow we'll be set-up at an apartment complex called The Lodge on S. Lake Mary Rd. and working at Flagstaff Medical Center.

15. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

If I ever have to move again I want to move to Flag. Great town and close to some awesome spots and great weather.. A cousin goes to school as NAU and I like to get up there when I can especially in the summer when it's friggin hot down here in Phoenix and head down to Sedona and Prescott on the weekend.

Welcome to Arizona.. I transplanted here from So. Cal. 6 years ago and never looked back..:D

16. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Our kids were born at Flag Medical. Flagstaff is an incredible place to live. While bein out of town and at a risk some days due to snow to make it in to town to get to work, we recommend Mountainaire as a place to live. Most everybody knows everybody else and more than a few will bend over backwards to lend a hand if'n ya want help. Really cool little tavern and all that's kind of the local gatherin spot. If we can figure out someday how to make a livin what we do respectively we'd move back up there in a heart beat.

Drop a line if'n ya want.:thumb:

17. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Well we made it without a hitch.
    Blazer performed well with no problems.
    A little traffic getting out of So. Cal but once we hit I-15 it was smooth sailing.

Pretty nice of what I've seen so far!

18. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Here's a pic after crossing over into Arizona.
    [​IMG]

The last fill up in Williams,Az.
    [​IMG]

19. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Cool. You should make a trip down to Phoenix sometime and meet the crew down here. But whatever you do don't bring the K5. We do bad things to straight sheetmetal :haha: .

Harley