Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Road trip SC to PA*last chance*

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by clarkjw24, Jan 18, 2006.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well guys I'm going to start planning my trip to PA to pick up some parts. My friend in PA doesn't look like he's gonna get to come down here anytime soon. I've got to pick up my D60, a tranny, and 2 tcases in Lock Haven PA. I'll also be stopping in Charles Town WV, to pick up a 14ff. I'm going to be pretty much loaded on the way back but could haul anything that will fit in a pick up bed up. Depending on who needs what I can travel I77, to I81 or I could take I95. Normally I would take a trailer but since its winter I've opted to borrow a 4wd fullsize for the trip. So if anyone needs anything to go up north let me know. I just ask for a little gas money and to make pick up and drop offs near the interstate or either of the too locations I'm stoping at. I'm planning to do the trip by the end of Feb. It will be a 3 or 4 day weekend, that gives me a day on the road each way and 2 days to visit family and friends.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  2. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

I was wondering about you. Just let me know when you are coming. I dont wont to miss you. Your buddy never got ahold of me. If you want him to have him call me and him and I can meet up and save you a little bit of a trip. Let me know what you want to do and we can work out the details.

Talk to ya later Jim,

3. clarkjw24

I was just about to PM you. Yeah he's become almost impossible to get a hold of. I think he's still working down in Tenn. I'm going to plan the trip around you and him being as I've got to pick up stuff from both of you. If I can find some more cash I might help you clean out your garage even more.:D I'm really thinking for some reason I need your D44 crossover stuff for my other K5 :doah:

4. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me. I have cleaned up but theres still lots of good stuff somebody needs to get. I am pretty flexable so just let me know when your going to be around.

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Coming out this way at all?

6. clarkjw24

Not coming out to Jacksonville, but I could meet you at 95 to do some swapping if you want. It would save some driving time for either of us but I think you really need to come out here and test drive my rig.:p:

Ok guys, I don't want to hear any bitchin and moaning the day after I get back saying " I wish I would have known, I needed a pile of chit picked up/delievered".:rolleyes: Don't be afraid to ask, I'm pretty easy to deal with and I won't steel your parts.:haha:

7. clarkjw24

Ok its looking like I'll be making the trek, Feb 22th thru 24th (possible 25th).

8. clarkjw24

Ok I'm leaving Wed morning. So far I'm carring two axles up I95. Making a stop on Exit 92b to drop them off, then up and under DC over through Leesburg and into Charlestown WV. Stopping for the night and up the next morning to State College PA to pick up my D60 and back to WV for the night again also picking up a 8lug 10bolt there. Then Friday morning back down I95 stopping above Richmond one more time to pick up an 84 K5. Speak now or forever hold your peace.:D