Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Road Trip *UPDATE* at bottom of first post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fordeater, Jun 13, 2005.

1. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm headed from Spokane, Washington to Boerne, Texas next week. This is my approximate route, except i'm not going through El Paso, Tx and i am going through Fort Stockton Texas. I will be leaving Spokane at 2 Wednesday morning, arriving in provo utah for the night. I will leave provo at 2 in the morning, and hopefully arrive in Boerne, Texas that night.

So, if anybody sees a Black 84 Chevy K5 pulling another black 84 Chevy k5, make sure to honk or wave

Day 1

[​IMG]

Day 2

[​IMG]

Well, After driving 2400 miles at only 65 miles an hour, i made it safely to Boerne, Tx. I couldn't go over 65 cause i got a death wobble from the blazer being towed, and even at 65 it was a handful. Yes, i did flat tow it, and no, i wouldn't do it again. I stayed in provo as planned, and then i ended up sleeping in the back seat of the blazer in Fort STockton, Tx. I'm sure it looked a little funny with a big 6'8" dude sleeping in the back seat, but its a hell of alot cheaper then a hotel. I ended up getting 12 miles to the gallon even while towing my blazer. I guessed 6 miles to the gallon for my orginal guess, so i doubled it. Anyways, i spent a whole week down there, worked on my tan, and then flew home. I got home at 3 this morning, and then i had a doctors appointment at 7:30, so i'm way tired. I can't wait to move back to san antonio.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Im in Austin if you need anything or have any trouble.
    Have a good trip :cool1:

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I'm in San Antonio, you'll be a few miles away from me...

4. fordeater

i guess i could have mentioned I am moving to San Antonio in October. So, i'm basically just making this trip so i have 2 less vehicles to take there in a few months.

5. fordeater

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I toook a trip (with 4 other guys) in my Burb from Baton Rouge, La. to Phoenix, and then to Rudiso NM about 4 mos ago. We drove straight through to Phoenix - 25 hours - to the camp site. Damn near killed us going 65 MPH, but we took turns driving. I don't envy you that drive, although it was probably pretty, it gets old fast.