Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

road trip!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BranndonC, Jun 18, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'm leaving saturday morning around 8 oclock, jumping on the 5 fwy and headin to sac to pic up a 73 jimmy, then coming back down sunday, anyone in sac want to have lunch/dinner saturday, or breakfast somewhat early (7-8ish) sunday PM me for my # and we'll work something out
    heres where i'll be
    "Rancho Cordova, CA 95670"

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Hey, a bit of advice. I've traveled that route MANY times once every other week for a while and we used to FLY up that interstate. within the last 5 months I'd say, they are really crackin down on those who like to exceed the speed limit. I used to drive up and back and RARELY see any cops, now I see 5 or 6 of them up and down everytime...got stopped twice the last trip...once on the way up and once on the way down.

Just watch it and have a safe trip!

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I have to go to my sister's graduation that day, or I'd have you over for lunch. Enjoy that boring ass drive! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

wow thanks mike! what were you doin when you got stopped? think 70-75 is a good speed to not get stopped?

And thank brian, another time maybe /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

speed limit is 70 if I remember right, I'd say 75-78 is safe....I was doing almost 90 and on the way back my buddy was doing 96 I believe.
    I'm telling you, that is how we used to do it all the time...you'd get behind two or three cars and you'd all be following each other almost the whole way doin the same speed. 85-95 was 'normal'....they crackin down now!

Good luck!

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Oh and I'm not sure what you are taking, but there try to hit the Pilot stations for gas, they seem to be the cheapest, flying J's arent too bad either. So if you are gonna need gas soon and you see one, get gas. Otherwise you might get stuck paying 2.50 a gallon at one in the boonies.
    It will say 'no gas next 40 miles, or 60 miles or whatever'.

easy drive though, should be a cake walk. Depending on what you are driving, you'll probably make it to Santa Nela for before you need gas.

You are about half way once you smell/see the cows at Harris Ranch/Lemoor exit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Another thing, if you are pulling a trailer, speed limit is 55!!
    Probably take you about 6 hours...we've done it 5 several, but like I said, we were flying.
    What exit are you taking? you going in off of the 80 I assume? I have friends up there...Sunrise is packed on Saturday nights...its where everyone comes out and alot of clubs are off of there...its LONG street!

7. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Yeah, just got gas the other day from Pilot up in Oregon for 1.99

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Too bad I didn't see this earlier. Could have met up for a bit to eat. Maybe next time.