Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Road Trip!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 18, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

A friend and I are talking about this. Going from Spokane, somewhere through Yellowstone, down to Las Vegas, over to California and back up through Oregon to Portland then back over home.

I'm thinking if I can swing the money for a motorhome for $2500 from my neighbor, throw the '75 K5 on the trailer behind it, load up and go in early June.

So, what are some cool wheeling areas is the states of: Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California and Oregon? Maybe even Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona if we have enough gas money.

And maybe I could play "parts hauler" for little stuff if it works out, and I could pick something up along the way and drop it off to the buyer. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

3. mountainexplorer

Alright! That will actually work out near perfectly. I was just thinking tonight, I'd want to be home just before th 4th of July. If I put myself there for the weekend of Blazerfest, I'll have plenty of time to make it back on schedule. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

If you come down to southern cali let me know. Ill show you around San diego.

Nick

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    A friend and I are talking about this. Going from Spokane, somewhere through Yellowstone, down to Las Vegas, over to California and back up through Oregon to Portland then back over home.

I'm thinking if I can swing the money for a motorhome for $2500 from my neighbor, throw the '75 K5 on the trailer behind it, load up and go in early June.

So, what are some cool wheeling areas is the states of: Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California and Oregon? Maybe even Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona if we have enough gas money.

And maybe I could play "parts hauler" for little stuff if it works out, and I could pick something up along the way and drop it off to the buyer. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Montana - Big Horn mountins. Wyoming - more Big Horn Mountins and over by Devil's Tower, and sence you'd be that close (Less then 100 miles) come check out the Black Hills. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

let me know when and where I might have ya pick me up something in cali and dump off on I-5 in oregon

7. mountainexplorer

I haven't been to San Diego since I was like 4 or 5. Do you mean show the city or "around" the area. I'm probably going to steer as far clear of traffic as possible. I'll be approximately 52 feet long, and not very manueverable. I can never travel light. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. mountainexplorer

My dad, mom and I went through the Dakotas and around there when I was I think 7 or 8. I remember Devils Tower, Mt. Rushmore, etc... Man, I want to take it all in. I'll just have to cram to fit it all into 22 days.

Lots of trails?

9. mountainexplorer

I would expect to be in California around the 22nd-28th of June (somewhere around there). Just let me know what it is, where it is, and I'll snag it for ya. As long as its something that will fit in a motorhome or under a K5 Blazer thats on a car trailer. I suppose if its bigger, I can just strap it to the roof. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif