Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Road Warrior Hawk Passes Away

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hawk and Animal were perhaps one of the most successful and feared Tag Teams ever on the wrestling scene. Joseph Laurinaitis (Animal) is totally devastated.

They were first known as the Legion of Doom.

In Chicago, they just celebrated their 20th Anniversary on June 7th @ the Pro Championship Wrestling show, where they were reunited with Paul Ellering.

And it's official, The Road Warriors were just voted the Dream Team by the fans of the WWE RAW Magazine Poll. The Magazine is now on the Newsstands, it is the November issue.

It is a very sad day, today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to meet the guy back in '95, when he came to Ft. Irwin along with Greg Valentine, Jim "The Advil" Neidhart, and Doink the Clown along with some minor league wrasslers to put on a show for the troops.

Most stars are a bunch of ego-driven horse's asses, but something that Hawk told me has stayed with me forever.

I made idle chit chat with him, talking about when Animal was coming back and the extent of his injuries and I told Hawk that the Road Warriors were heroes to me, his reply caught me off-guard.
    "You guys are my heroes." Kind of floored me.

Hopefully he goes along the road to a nicer place. [​IMG]

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I used to watch them back when I watched rasslin... had their action figure things too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn, that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

that bites /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i remember watching those guys in the mid 80's when i was a kid. they were always my favorite! what happened to him? natural causes?

deck /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Haven't seen anything yet. The article that I pulled that off of said he told his wife he didn't feel good and went to take a nap.

For those that don't know, a wrestler usually lives a harder life than any rock star. It's slowed down some, but back in the day, they were always on the road, always wrestling and a bunch of them would be up on painkillers cause they wouldn't get paid if they didn't wrestle. They would be on the road for something like 340 days out of the year and even though it's "fake," one's got to be a man's man to do that stuff night in and night out. And to add to that, steriods used to be rampant in the sport and there's always been the few that dabbled in other illicit narcotics.

7. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    Stu Hart Passes Away
    Written by Ryan Clark on October 16, 2003 at 17:26:05
    Stu Hart, who was without a doubt one of Canada's biggest legends, passed away at 2:25 p.m. Mountain time today from complications of diabetes and pneumonia at the age of 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yup, got that one a few days ago. Did ya know Davey Boy passed awhile back?

9. mudhog

yup /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif