Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roadside assistance from CO to FL??? <<<I MADE IT>>>

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by trouble1, Mar 10, 2003.

1. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Next monday is the big moving day...checking to see if anyone is along the route just in case...8000lb trailer behind a very loaded Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif you can only figure I'm gonna wind up on the side of the road...I'll be taking 287 from CO thru Amarillo to Dallas, 20 to Shrievport, drop down to I-10 to I-75 in FL to Tampa area...If anyone is close, giveme a holler, or just throw stuff at me as I drive by /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

I MADE IT&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Thank everyone so much for offreing to help with problems along the way!!! I can not believe the ammount of PM's I got...SHOCKING...Ya'll put AAA outa business. Anyway, the trip was fairly uneventful except for a broken leaf spring pack betwen Lafyette and Baton Rough....for those that live in that area, I highly recomend Tibedeux Fabricators!!!! I know the spelling was off on that one but the guy is awsome...Had a new spring pack and back on the road in under 3 hours... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif...Anyway, I'm gonna miss CO, hope you are all loving your fresh sprinkling of powder, its 85 and sunny here and all the cute girls wear Bikini's /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Re: Roadside assistance from CO to FL???

I'm in St. Pete, not exactly Tampa, but holler if ya need me.

3. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

kool, thanks, St.Pete (Seminole /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) is actually where I'm going

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll be taking 287 from CO thru Amarillo

[/ QUOTE ]
    So I'm taking it since I 'know' a few of the local law enforcement on that highway you wouldn't be too hot on getting pulled over, would ya?
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You've got PM.

5. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

law enforcement...does that mean if I get pulled over I can drop your name....

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    does that mean if I get pulled over I can drop your name....

[/ QUOTE ]
    Depends on the agency. If it's County, don't drop my name 100 miles within their presence /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. Oh wait, they don't even know how to turn on their light bars, no problems from them.

7. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

along I-10 in the new orleans area if you need help call me
    504-738-8184 and i better not get any bullshit prank phone calls from putting my number on here

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    504-738-8184 and i better not get any bullshit prank phone calls from putting my number on here

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously, you should PM your number to people if ya don't want prank calls.

9. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    . Oh wait, they don't even know how to turn on their light bars, no problems from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until ya get on I20...THP about every 10 feet...and they Will hit the lights...if they ain't got a reason, they'll make one up...Just be thankful ya ain't gotta go thru Tennessee... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Well, I am close to the point of origin, but if I can help let me know. Limon area.

John

11. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm in Pensacola, FL. It's right at the border with Alabama along I-10. I'll PM my info to you. My brother also works at a GM dealer during the day and a parts store at night.

12. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Watch your A$$ in Louisiania. I've always been told that if they pull you over, they'll do a drug search and somehow find them, then they keep your car. ESPECIALLY if you have FL plates (which you probably don't) cuz they think you're a smuggler or something.

That's just what I've heard, no offense to any LA Law Enforcement on this board.

We should get together while you're here, another truck junkie around never hurts. Mud Junkie lives in St. Pete too.

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I live in the Tampa area. Maybe 15 min from I75 on Hwy 52. And about 20 min north of Tampa, in good traffic that is. Where exactly are you going to?

Ill PM you my #.

And check out the site in my sig. Since youll be living here, that is the place to find out whats up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Oh and moving to Fla this part of the yr MAY give you time to acclimate to the heat and humidity. Your gonna die for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Its already in the 80s.

BUT YR ROUND WHEELIN! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

ok let me change that if i get any bullshit prank phone calls ill track you down and kill ya

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    ok let me change that if i get any bullshit prank phone calls ill track you down and kill ya

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you may want to take an overdose of the chill pill box. Ya go and post your phone number in a public forum where the whole world can read it, yet you've got to make threats about if anyone makes prank phone calls. Sounds like you need to be educated in the way of the <font color="black">PRIVATE FAWKING MESSAGE</font>!!!!!! Learn it, love it, live it and grow the **** up before you make some idle threats half a country away.

17. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

If ya have any problems in the Dallas area give a holler.

18. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm in Mobile, Alabama I-10 goes right through here so holler if you need something! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW - I've Pm'd you my number (that way Schmuck will get any prank calls that I might have /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

19. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

it was a joke, calm down, i just didnt think to PM it to him till you mentioned it thanks ill keep it in mind for next time. i could always delete the post but im too lazy, i was just trying to help out a fellow k5er /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifcant a guy joke around anymore sheesh /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Well since Schmuck has you covered on the N.O. side, which probably won't help much being that you are going to FL (via I-12 around New Orleans) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Anyway he's got the new orleans area covered, I'll take the rest of the state since its all my stomping grounds along I-10/I-49 From the time you cross the State Line (Shreveport) down to lafayette where you'll hit I-10 (Lafayette where I live) until you get to Hammond (The other side of Baon Rouge --schmucks turn to take over) give me a holler, seriously if you need just a suggestion on where to stop and eat, find parts, need parts etc I can give you some insight! I have connections and ways of getting to the northern part of the state with little trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good luck, I P.M.'ed ya my #'s

A little forwarning, if you get to Shreveport and think by any little chance something might go wrong STOP I-49 south to I-10 is a pretty vacant area especially Shreveport to Alexandria (1.5hr stretch) Alexandria would be another wise place to stop before heading down to Lafayette because the hour and 15min or so between the 2 is fairly vacant as well.