Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Roatating NP241, few Q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highrlr, Apr 7, 2005.

1. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I just got my rotating ring in the mail for my NP241 and had a few questions. First off do you use a seal(gasket?) on each side of the ring? And after looking at it im a little up in the air as to how it even installs, maybe it will explain itself once I get under my truck and pull the transfer case. But has anyone done a tech article or have any pictures or able to describe to me how to install it? Thanks for any help or advice!

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

3. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the link. So from what I read in that thread I should just use RTV on each side of the adapter and as much as possible. And everything else should bolt up except for the rod that runs from back of motor to pass. side of tcase. Has anyone come up with a solution to that yet? what about just modifying the stock rod? Does anyone have a set of those directions that came with there rings that they could scan and email me? That would help me a ton, I ordered the ring (as well as a HD 14bff cover and disc brake brackets) from great lake off road (awesome products! and very good deals!) but there are no instructions, just the parts and hardware. Thanks again!

4. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

The instructions are pretty straight forward. INstall the ring to the case, then the studs to the ring for the clocking you want.

RTV both sides of the ring ALOT, and it's not a bad idea to fill the holes that you aren't going to use in the ring w/ RTV as well. Mine leaked like a mother when I first installed it, a little more RTV fixed it right up.

KP

5. 91GMCSuburban

91GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Do you have to remove the fluid from the transfer case or tranny?

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

make it a lot lighter and manageable, also when pulling it down if you don't drain the case it could all pour out the rear output shaft. Big pain and mess there. Not really REQUIRED.