Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rob... that SOB...!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by marv_springer, Sep 20, 2002.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Just talked w/ Rob... He received his /forums/images/icons/mad.gif FREE /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Doubler !...

i HATE him... i HATE him... i HATE him... i HATE him... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif i HATE him... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Marv

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Dude,

It's the sexyiest thing made out of Alum, that I have ever seen.....

Watch out Jamboree, therobzilla and the doubler are comming!!
    /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hey, eh, Rob, if you, eh, hear some rustling around outside your house tonight... it's nothing, just go back to sleep. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. therobzilla

EH,

Russ, not a problem the 9 pitbulls in the garage next to the doubler probably won't wake up!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Now wait a minute...!

Are the pitbulls by the East garage or the North one... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif .... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Marv

6. therobzilla

OHHHHHH that was harsh, 4 are in the east garage and 5 are in the north one!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

You still suck anyways #28!

AZBLAZER

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hey marv, in case you forgot, YOU HAVE A DOUBLER!!!, and a motor and lots of other things i need.....
    some day...
    hey Rob, you are an SOB though.. BUT IN A GOOD WAY...
    hmm, maybe i need to go nock off a few banks or something...
    Grant

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Rob,

Sorry to barge in on your Secret Club area.... but I'm dying to know if the Doubler is going in yet, and if you've got pics?

Other 1st Genners want to know all the exciting details! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

See you later Arizona dudes! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. therobzilla

Greg, /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Don't have the Doubler in yet, have a few other things to get together before I put it together. Still need to order the shift levers and the conversion shaft for the 205/400.

I am also going to conver the yokes all around to 1350/1330 1350's for the rear set up and 1330's for the front and make both CV's. At least this is my thoughts.

I have a few logistical issues still to think through.

1. I am still thinking on the drive shafts, I currenlty have two complete sets's of driveshafts, one set I run and the other sets are spares I carry if I break. To have all new shafts made and or shortened/extened. at least between 300 to 800 bucks. (for both sets, does not include upgraded sizes)

Need to get a new custom made converter for the trans, If im going to do all this work I don't want to go back to the wrong converter or the stock converter. 100 bucks

Need to order the customer sized bearing for the 205/400 shaft, instead of having the case bored to fit the shaft. 20 bucks.

Need to change body mounts on the blazer, the doubler is clocked up 2" to be as high as possible, once this is done, the doubler will hit the body tub, because the old mounts are shot. 120 bucks.

Need crossover steering, and WTO ram assisted at the same time, including using 1/4 wall DOM tubing with heim joints, for the tierod and drag link. DOM tubing and heim joints 300 bucks, WTO setup 450 bucks.

And the number one and biggest reason I have not stated............

Went wheeling last weekend in Florence Junction and wheeled lower terminator with any of the fancy stuff listed above. Just could not resist the opportunity to give it a try. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Real reason I have not started this project, time and family. I'm in the middle of taking another position with a diffrent company as their new VP of Sales, and I did not want to start any new major projects until I get the details of this new position taken care of. I also need to coordinate the mods with Marv as we tend to work together on big projects.

I am going to as the best I can, document how I do the modification.

Thanks for the intrest. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. FWP

FWP CRS

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Went wheeling last weekend in Florence Junction

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys suck /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif , 45 minutes away from Florence... sheeeettt /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Still doesn't top being 90 miles from Moab....hehehe.

DW