Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Robbed Again!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Nov 6, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

WTF?!

We were robbed again last night.

I guess while we were out for the night someone came and stole more ****. This time they got, My standard wrenches, my dremel, my angle grinder, air die grinder, all Dad's 1/2 drive sockets(metric and standard), and his deep dish 3/8 drive metric stuff.

The odd thing is, they didn't take cases. They left my dremel and angle grinder cases, which were right next to those tools. They took the time to remove the sockets from their racks. They took the time to take the wrenches off of the wrench holder. I just don't get it. Instead of grabbing say 5 things, they grabbed 50. They walked right passed things like Dad's spray gun(which was right next to the dremel, angle grinder, and wrenches). They left tons of valuable things. Makes me think they just grabbed what they wanted for their own garage and took off. Must not have looked hard either causemy toolbox was sitting there full and easy to grab.

Really lucky is they ignored the cardboard box next to the S10 that contained about $1000+ worth of parts for the S10(doubler, sky arms, brake lines, pitman arm, spring and bushing kits, spindle studs, and a couple other things). Would have been very angry to find my doubler missing. Not that the tools don't anger me, hopefully insurance covers it all.

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Man that sucks! :(

The little f*ck stick will probably be back again.... Secure all entry points, leave the garage entrance areas well lit and lock & load.

Good luck man

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ehh, fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

get some motion lights, a gun, some locks....

Grant

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Set up a security cam or two today...............ya might get yer stuff back if he/they still have 'em and they come back. If ya can ID the perp's.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i think its time to spend the night in a dark garage. preferrably behind the door, so that once they're in, you can close it and lock it behind them. then just go Can Can on their asses. i've heard axle stub shafts make great tools of "self defense", i have personally used a 10 bolt pinion solely for indimidation purposes. a pinion nut would allow you to keep a better grip on it should the need arrise to swing it more than once. large zip ties make for nice makeshift handcuffs as well. hog tie em face down, preferrably in a puddle of oil or a pile of oil dry, call the police and wait for them to arrive.

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Dude, how are they getting in??????????????

7. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Sounds like kids. Someone who doesn't know the value of tools anyway. A paint gun left but wrenches and sockets taken? Maybe they thought if they took small stuff you wouldn't notice, dumb punks.

I like that hide and wait idea. If they are kids don't hurt them though, just hog tie them with the zip ties and call the PD. I don't know how the law works with hitting a minnor who is robbing you, that might be a no-no these days. :mad:

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

its definetlly some one who needs what they are taking. no crack heads looking to sell it.when they stole my sons bike thats all they wanted,they tried during the day and my neighbor caught them and chased them. didn;t catch the little bastages. a week to the day they came back at night and got the bike. :mad: i had the truck right up againt the door and they pulled it under. :mad: have you had new people come over with friends in the last year?

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

getting in? no locks. Lost the keys years ago. Our own stupid fault this time around. We live in a good area so never dream this could happen, let alone twice. The garage is now fully secured. Both garage doors are locked, both normal doors are locked with new locks and the slider on the back door has a bunch of supports dad fabbed up today. Have to smash a window to get in now.

The ****ed thing is that Dad's truck was home all night last night. So they had to have thought someone was home, unless they went to the house and knocked first.

Oh and no, no new people coming over. Cop asked if I had any enemies or anything, my comment was simply "I haven't lived here for a year, I've had no time or chance to make enemies".

10. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I truthfully would take some time off and leave it unlocked as usual to catch them in the act. May be the only way to get justice....

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

As would I, but I can't miss any time at school so I had to head back here. Dad has no time since hes working on our new house and trying to get it done so we can move.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure then the catch them in the act... well maybe what I'd do after that would...

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Almost sounds like somebody in your immediate neighborhood. :thinking:

Nothing more frustrating than a low down dirty yellow stinking thief. :mad:

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I would agree but there is no one new in the neighborhood and no one young. One couple moved in up the street recently, other then that no one new in over a year.

14. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

then just go Can Can on their asses

or then just open a can of Can-Can on their asses

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

could you...

Could ya borrow a rottwielder and chain him to your toolbox??..that would discourage any more pilfering.. ;) ..I'd have the doorknob wired to 220V by now,if I were you... :thinking:

Don't assume its someone new or young,or lives in your neighborhood doing it either..we've had a rash of B&E's here in my town recently--some right in my area! :eek1: ..one suspects car was spotted by a "nosy" neighbor,who called police,and gave them the licence plate #...turns out the "suspects" were crack heads, who were breaking into houses in several area towns,in a 20 mile radius of here....

They came from New Bedford,a town 22 miles south of here!..all had drugs in their possession,and they had several of the stolen items,and hundreds of dollars worth of clothes stolen from Wal-Mart and other local stores in the trunk..but the housebreaks are continuing,so they assume there are more than one "gang" doing them..

The drug addicts are bold and don't care if they get caught..one guy I used to work for runs a garage--he says many of them bring him prime rib steaks,or one pound cans of lobster claw meat,that sells for 20 bucks each to his shop,and want him to buy them for 5-10 bucks!--or "trade" it for work done on their cars.. :mad:

One of the addicts got arrested,and his girfriend and 2 year old girl were with him,along with her friend--all 3 were charged with shoplifting--and DSS might end up taking the little girl..next day,after court was out--the friend goes right back to another supermarket,and steals MORE steaks(and got away with it :eek1: )--so she could buy more crack!.. :eek: :screwy:

I'd guess 95% of all crime here is due to crack and heroin addiction..maybe poverty induced by high gas and oil prices too--a lot more "drive offs" lately at gas
    stations..people are looking for any easy money,any way they can get it..

I'm glad I have a "nosy" neighbor,that keeps an eye on all that goes on around here..gets annoying at times being "observed" though,feels like I have an audience every time I go do something in my yard..but at least I know that there is a chance any crooks will be caught thanks to that neighbor..there are several barking dogs around here that drive away theives too--too bad they drive ME nuts too though.. :doah:

16. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I'd make them sit in a puddle of oil to prepare them for the pokey. :D

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

the good with the bad brother.barking dogs are annoying,especially when they are yours barking at a friend your standing next to. :mad:

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

there is another thing. We had a dog that loved to bark. But she passed away 2 weeks ago, odd timing, no?

19. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status