Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Robin Williams for President 2004

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Muddytazz, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan... what we need
    > now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.
    >
    > Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)
    >
    > I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for
    > peace. So, here's one plan:
    >
    > 1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their
    > affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,
    > Milosovich and the rest of those 'good ole boys.' We will never
    "interfere"
    > again.
    >
    > 2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with
    > Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We
    > would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the
    > fence.
    >
    > 3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
    leave.
    > We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be
    > gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are
    > France would welcome them.
    >
    > 4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days
    > unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be
    > allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide
    > here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more
    cab
    > drivers or 7-11 cashiers.
    >
    > 5. No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they
    don't
    > attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.
    >
    > 6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise
    > This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will
    > require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou
    > will have to cope for a while.
    >
    > 7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for
    > their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go
    > somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells
    filling
    > up the storage sites would be enough.)
    >
    > 8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will
    > not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain,
    > cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them is stolen
    > or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if
    > anything.
    >
    > 9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't
    need
    > the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make
    a
    > good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
    >
    > 10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can
    > call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.
    >
    > There Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.
    >
    > "The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired,
    > your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You
    want
    > a piece of me?'"
    >
    > If you agree with the above forward it to friends. the Language we speak
    is
    > ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Couldnt agree more but................................... Bush for President in 2004!

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Bush for President in 2004!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just keep my mouth shut on that one /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

This is the first year I can vote.... will I? I'd like to do my duty but I probably won't.

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This is the first year I can vote.... will I?

[/ QUOTE ]

VOTE! That's the way our system of government is designed to work. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

If you don't participate in the election process then you have no right to gripe about it when it doesn't turn out the way you want.

If someone refuses to vote then I won't waste my time listening to whatever political views they might have. Since they don't care enough to participate, why should I waste my time?

7. bigyellowjimmy

If you wont vote for Bush its looking like you'll get to vote for Kerry instead.

8. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

I think I agree with everything that was written but I still have to vote for bush because there isnt anyone better thats running now.

and thats sad /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. bigyellowjimmy

right on, even if you dont agree on every issue with a certain candidate you must vote for the one with whom you agree with the most. VOTE /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

What are your reasons for not voting??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

These are some good ideas! Too bad nothing like that will ever happen. But we definately need to get Bush out of office..... He's the asshat of america!

12. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    These are some good ideas! Too bad nothing like that will ever happen. But we definately need to get Bush out of office..... He's the asshat of america!

[/ QUOTE ]

who can we get to replace him that is honestly going to do a better job?
    nomatter who the president is not everybody will be happy because there are to many different views in america.

I wish it could be as easy as the quotes above but it will never happen. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. Emmettology 101

I'd much rather see Clinton back in office. Maybe Hillary will run. I dont wanna turn this into a presidential debate though. Bush is nothing but crook who would sell his mother for a dollar! If enough money is envolved to fill his pockets, he'd change any law to do so!

14. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd much rather see Clinton back in office. Maybe Hillary will run. I dont wanna turn this into a presidential debate though. Bush is nothing but crook who would sell his mother for a dollar! If enough money is envolved to fill his pockets, he'd change any law to do so!

[/ QUOTE ]

well I do have to agree with you that I wish clinton was back in office /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a winner for the next drug test 'round these parts.

I would surely hope that someone that would say something along those lines would certainly have some facts to back their statements up. Especially true since Clinton wrote the book on being a crooked president.

Let's talk.............

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Bush for President in 2004!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just keep my mouth shut on that one /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. And I'm not voting for Kerry either. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Ross Perot for president 2004! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. Emmettology 101

Bubba I dont really wanna get into this. But if people cant see he's lining his pockets left and right then, I am sorry. Hell, I dont even follow this [darn] much and can see it! Ok well here's a few instances... Look at all the enviromental laws he has changed to beneift the big companies! Allowing more polutants to be released by these factories and overturning laws that were already in place for this. What about Iraq? There weren't ever weapons of mass destruction.... He went for the oil because he's a big oil tycoon(sp?)... Pluss he can line his buddies pockets full of money when we destroy cities over there and then Chaneys companies are paid to go rebuild them... Bush wants to open up drilling in Alaska to gain access to the oil. That land has been protected for how long????? What about his enviromental commitee and their meetings. Geeze all these meetings and confrences are supposed ot be open, but no one can gain access... He passes laws to hide the files and cover all the politians asses...
    What about deficit? We were in the green with CLinton and now we're billions in debt. Sure we went to war, but we wouldn't be there is it weren't for Bush...

My pinion is the guy is shady and is not doing much for our country other than his profit.. We're back in debt, the economy has gone way downhill and unemployment is up... At least with Clinton he was doing good for our nation by helping those and many other situations...

18. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We were in the green with CLinton and now we're billions in debt.

[/ QUOTE ]

What in the worlds does "in the green" mean? I would be interested is seeing your source.

[ QUOTE ]
    Sure we went to war, but we wouldn't be there is it weren't for Bush...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean by this but at lease we aren't bombing asprin factories. Clinton dropped his share of bombs on the rest of the world, most of them in countries where the UN decided not to intervene. He also bombed without warning, at least Bush told them we were coming.

[ QUOTE ]
    What about Iraq? There weren't ever weapons of mass destruction..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there was. But that's not why Bush said he attacked. Iraq documented all(?) of their stockpiles back in 1991. They were supposed to destroy them all and the UN sent teams over there to document it. Iraq kicked them out. He repeated the same thing the UN had been saying for years, they refuse to provide proof that they destroyed their WMD's and they continue to threaten others in the region. The UN thought they had them. Even France, Germany and all the other mamby-pamby's thought they had them.

[ QUOTE ]
    He went for the oil because he's a big oil tycoon

[/ QUOTE ]

The United States get's less than 10% of it's oil from all middle eastern countries combined. They charge too much. MOST of the rest of the world get's their oil from the middle east. Keeping that oil flowing was one of the reasons we have been engaged in the middle east for decades. Even back in WW2 when Hitler was making a run for the oil fields.

[ QUOTE ]
    We're back in debt

[/ QUOTE ]

Not "back" in debt, STILL in debt. We have been in debt for many many years.

I think you are confusing the national debt with the deficit, neither one of which are controlled by the President, they are primarily the result of spending bills initiated in Congress. The president doesn't have nearly as much to say about spending as Congress. Write a letter to your congressman.

[ QUOTE ]
    the economy has gone way downhill

[/ QUOTE ]

The downhill slide started before Bush took office and, believe it or not, although I don't think President Clinton helped matters any I also don't think it was his fault either.
    All that aside, third quarter last year was the largest growth in the US economy in over 30 years. I'll bet you won't hear that on NPR.

[ QUOTE ]
    Geeze all these meetings and confrences are supposed ot be open, but no one can gain access

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like "Hilary Healthcare".

I still chuckle when I remember when she came to Seattle to push that nightmare. We had a nice "Welcome to Seattle" party. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    unemployment is up

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. I would like to see your source. And what makes you think the President has anything to do with it?

[ QUOTE ]
    At least with Clinton he was doing good for our nation by helping those and many other situations...

[/ QUOTE ]

What, exactly, did President Clinton do to help any of these issues other than just throw money at them?

[ QUOTE ]
    the guy is shady

[/ QUOTE ]

So, what would you call a guy who promises to love and honor his wife and then proceeds to pork every doe-eyed bimbo he can find. If he is willing to cheat on his wife, what makes you think he cares anything about anyone else?

Instead of listening to guys like Michael Moore (most of your comments sound like transcripts from his articles) why not go check out the facts for yourself and make up your own mind.

Whatever way you go, I still think it's important for all of us to vote. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

You do vote, don't you??

19. Emmettology 101

[ QUOTE ]
    Instead of listening to guys like Michael Moore (most of your comments sound like transcripts from his articles) why not go check out the facts for yourself and make up your own mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only things I read and watch are the local news(not often) and some Sierra club mailings. I never heard of Michael Moore until about a week ago when someone suggested his book. And I am not going to read it.

20. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Ah, Sierra Club. That explains it. They have their own politcal agenda that they are trying to push.

Limiting your news source to only one side of the political field will usually only get you half the story or worse, the wrong information.

You will have the same problem if you ONLY listen to someone like Rush Limbaugh. He is a very conservative guy and his views / commentary reflect that.

Try to get a few different views, and when it comes to news on official stuff, go to the Governments website. There you can actually read the text of spending bills and whatnot.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif